Where to start 06 RSX Type S

Tommy2Times

06 RSX Type S
Hello,

I own a 2006 Acura RSX Type S and I am looking to start doing some work on it as a hobby. I need some ideas guys, where should I start? I've been doing some research and I've found that there is so much I could do with the car. I enjoy working on cars I've been doing it since high school and I want to keep doing it. The car sees maybe 10K miles a year if that I only drive it on the weekends, which gives me plenty of downtime to put some work into it. If any one could throw some good ideas out there for me it would be much appreciated. Don't be shy, Please be honest, and try to make it as affordable as possible.

Thanks,
Thomas

Tommy2Times

06 RSX Type S
Thanks, It's hard to do suspension in NJ the roads out here are horrible man its nothing like Cali. LOL. I would like to start with the motor and work my way out.

Tommy2Times

06 RSX Type S
Well that depends on your budget. Some good ones off the top of my head would be Apexi, Greddy, and AEM. There are a lot more though. I'd do some googling for reviews and such.
I'm on an average budget I guess you could say. I don't want to put any cheap parts on that will eventually lead to more problems and headaches installing them. But I also don't need top of the line shit that is extremely expensive ya know.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
get the paper, get the paper...

Depends on emissions laws in your state/county. I would do a Skunk2 alpha header, some sort of CAI and a Spoon exhaust or whatever exhaust you want. Then get a tune on Kpro that will get you to like 215whp i think. Also changing to the manifold to an rrc or rbc will make a difference.

Adding a lsd to your transmission would be nice, it may be cheaper to find an ITR transmission though. Same gearing, just with a helical lsd (torsen). Suspension modifications are nice too. A good set of coilovers like buddy club N+ would be perfect.

itzrivera

good stuff, what color is it?

To get it more peppy (without a turbo or sc) you should get an intake, race header, exhaust, and rbc intake manifold. Then get Ktuner (much cheaper for us 05-06ers) or Kpro and get the car tuned. You should see around 220-230hp with these bolt-ons.

I have the 70mm Greddy Ti-C. I'd say its the deepest sounding exhaust. I always get compliments on it. Another one a lot of the crsx ers buy is the invidia q300. I'm not sure how that sounds tbh. As for the race header, buy the PLM. Its the best bang for the buck you can get when you're on a budget.

And I haven't had good experiences trying to lower the rsx.Its nothing like the integra when it comes to suspension. So that's your call. I would start with the bolt-ons and tune. Then go for a lip kit. Check out clubrsx as well. There a lot of info as well as funny people on those boards.

Tommy2Times

06 RSX Type S
good stuff, what color is it?

To get it more peppy (without a turbo or sc) you should get an intake, race header, exhaust, and rbc intake manifold. Then get Ktuner (much cheaper for us 05-06ers) or Kpro and get the car tuned. You should see around 220-230hp with these bolt-ons.

I have the 70mm Greddy Ti-C. I'd say its the deepest sounding exhaust. I always get compliments on it. Another one a lot of the crsx ers buy is the invidia q300. I'm not sure how that sounds tbh. As for the race header, buy the PLM. Its the best bang for the buck you can get when you're on a budget.

And I haven't had good experiences trying to lower the rsx.Its nothing like the integra when it comes to suspension. So that's your call. I would start with the bolt-ons and tune. Then go for a lip kit. Check out clubrsx as well. There a lot of info as well as funny people on those boards.
Yeah she is Pearl White I love it. I'm trying to upload some pics but it's not working for some reason. I bought her brand new in 06 and then lost my license so she was kept in the garage for 3 years then when i got my license back i put a cold air intake on it and hyrdo locked it put a new motor in it and was using her as a DD. I now have a work van that i use as a DD and I want to start hooking her up again being that i don't need to drive her as much.

Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated. I agree with you 100% about lowering it. I've heard a lot of bad things about that plus the stock suspension isn't bad at all especially with the condition of the roads here in NJ I have lived here for my whole life and have yet to drive on a nice flat road surface.

I just joined CRSX same username as this one. Keep in touch

itzrivera

Word, you're from old bridge? I graduated from rutgers about 1.5 years ago. Bro route 18 is by far one of the shittiest roads out there. I still drove my teg when I was out there, it was pretty low so rt 18 always made me cringe haha

Tommy2Times

06 RSX Type S
Word, you're from old bridge? I graduated from rutgers about 1.5 years ago. Bro route 18 is by far one of the s***tiest roads out there. I still drove my teg when I was out there, it was pretty low so rt 18 always made me cringe haha
Yea I live in Old Bridge my whole life and both Route 9 and 18 are horrible lol. Hence why I'm hesitant about lowering my vehicle I don't see anything good coming from it.

I am doing my research on the AIS, I definitely don't want a CAI. I had one and hydrolock the motor which cost me a pretty penny to replace the motor. So I am stuck between the AEM V2 or a Icebox set up. any advice on that?

itzrivera

Yeah look into samurai mentioned^

I don't know much about the intakes since I haven't done much research on those yet. I frequently see ppl buy the injen for these cars, though