Post a pic of your latest purchase.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You'll have to run bigger wheels and rotors for an ITR and CTR. The Twin-Block is a direct replacement.

Twin-Block is direct bolt on (EK9-DC2)
Mono-Block is direct bolt on (EP3-DC5)
oooooooooooo So ill have to do the whole rotor spacer thing with the twin block if i go spoon calipers.

R13

The other asshole
Not entirely mine, more of a joint effort, but since this thread's been active lately I'll pitch in.

New rack & pinion is coming in the morning for the ferd, old one blew the driver side seal out.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
What's the manufacturing date on those s.drives? I tried to get some for the mustang and tirebarn told me they were discontinued.

Noneed2Hate

What's the manufacturing date on those s.drives? I tried to get some for the mustang and tirebarn told me they were discontinued.
should be fairly recent since I got them from TireRack, I'll double check in the morning once I can actually see outside :p

R13

The other asshole
should be fairly recent since I got them from TireRack, I'll double check in the morning once I can actually see outside :p

I've had 3 tire shops warn me about tire rack saying anything that's not specifically labeled as new can be old old and already dry rotting because their warehouse isn't climate controlled.

Not saying this is the case, but I figured I'd pass on the knowledge.

You trusted anything with the word "barn" in their name?

I don't trust them as a company but my local shop has some good dudes working there, and the manager knows his shit. Plus I've had tires put on 4 vehicles there and there's never any bullshit, they give you a straight answer and get the job done.

They don't beat the hell out of your wheels either, last 2 times I've been down there they let me hang out in the shop and watch them mount the new tires, it's always quick and clean.

Hell they even cleaned the wheels for the mustang and that's not even a service they offer. :lol:

Noneed2Hate

I've had 3 tire shops warn me about tire rack saying anything that's not specifically labeled as new can be old old and already dry rotting because their warehouse isn't climate controlled.

if this is the case, I'm definitely taking a really close look at them tomorrow once it's light out.

R13

The other asshole
Google how to read the manufacturing date on tires if you don't already know how, I'd tell you myself but I already forgot. :lol:

The main reason they warned me about it was because when a tire isn't mounted you've got air going through the inside and outside of the tire rather than just the outside so supposedly it rots faster.

That's why most shops also fill the tires with nitrogen, it slows the oxidizing process of the rubber.

phatintegra

Banned

Gas station shop said the same thing to my parents few years ago.
I still order tires from Tire Rack and have no issues.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
needed some decent wheels for the spring. Picked these up for $100 and a set of steelies (pic from google, actual wheels being refurbished as we speak. Pick them up today. Pics Later :D )