wet passenger floor board!! wtf

patrick4588

Integra God
ok so as you know, my car is down and not driving. well it rained last night and i didnt put the car cover on, so it got wet. well today i went out to work on the car and my passenger floorboard is soaked along with behind the passenger seat. if its the drainage tubes, thats a shit load of water...

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
sunroof?

does the car sit on a hill, i know with my car theres a drain hole in the wiper cowl, so if its clooged the water can back up and leak into the car.

honda's im not so sure about. But, if its still wet out there, open the door and look behind some weather stripping.. SRT did that the other week and there was a hole in my drivers side strip.

Blank

Yea, my teg does the same thing...every time it rains, its always humid and musty after sitting for a while...water accumulates down near my spare tire...

Also, the plastic corner on the small rear windows is lifting up and OUT, off of the body of the car....anybody else have this problem? I've pushed on it to see if it's just been popped out, and it feels firmly set in its current place. I may need to replace the plastic molding, but I wouldn't know where to find such a piece.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
i don't think it would be the drainage tubes, you don't have a/c right?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
mine does the exact same thing. but it never did it until the 1st time i unbolted my ecu. when i did that i noticed a small trickle of water. ever since then the floor gets soaked when it rains. im talking literally a puddle not just a damp carpet. i havent been able to determine the cause of it but then again i havent had much of a chance to look either.

patrick4588

Integra God
yeah mines pretty serious too. i know the back drainage tubes are good. where are the front ones? i didnt notice any in the a pillar

master_tech

yep the front moonroof drain tubes run inside the body frame a-pillars all the way down to the front side kick area. check to see if they are draining correctly ..open moonroof, @ both front corners of the moonroof frame / channel you will see (2) drain holes. with a cup of water, pour the water into the channel drain area then look @ the front mud gaurd / rear lower wheel well locations to see if you have drainage. water should be coming out pretty good ..if not or your just getting drips then the drain is clogged or disconnected.

patrick4588

Integra God
ok, i may check that today. so say the front is clogged or disconnected, how do i get to it to plug it back in? my interior is pretty torn apart already besides the dash

Blank

I was working on my teg last night, and found a deep pool of water down by my spare tire, as well as water collecting under the rear seat carpet, and under the passenger seat as well.....I think in my case, it must be more than just the moonroof drainage tubes. I figured it was coming in from around the hatch where the weather stripping has worn down, but I have no idea...

Out of curiosity, what diameter are the drainage tubes? When looking in the back near my tail lights underneath the side panel, I noticed two plastic tubes, one connected to my antenna motor, and another I to which couldn't find either end (runs from the front of the car to the rear, in between an inner and outer metal panel not easily accessed). They definitely look like they are used for plumbing, but I couldn't see them very well...

patrick4588

Integra God
bout as thick as a finger. i get water in my trunk too, but its not my drainage tubes. i think thats my hatch or taillights leaking. i just need to garage my teg and keep it out of rain

92ls

Under Construction
I posted a thread about my leaky hatch because i was getting puddles by my spare tire. i think the reason your seat is getting wet, blank, is from the water by your spare tire splashing up on your seat. i had that same problem until i put a towel under my spare tire.

everyone seems to think its the seal around the tail lights. i haven't gotten around to checking if thats the problem yet though.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
Yea, my teg does the same thing...every time it rains, its always humid and musty after sitting for a while...water accumulates down near my spare tire...

Also, the plastic corner on the small rear windows is lifting up and OUT, off of the body of the car....anybody else have this problem? I've pushed on it to see if it's just been popped out, and it feels firmly set in its current place. I may need to replace the plastic molding, but I wouldn't know where to find such a piece.
i have the same problem around my rear windows

patrick4588

Integra God
I posted a thread about my leaky hatch because i was getting puddles by my spare tire. i think the reason your seat is getting wet, blank, is from the water by your spare tire splashing up on your seat. i had that same problem until i put a towel under my spare tire.

everyone seems to think its the seal around the tail lights. i haven't gotten around to checking if thats the problem yet though.
my car doesnt run, nothing is splashing

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
when you find your tubes, you should be able to get enough of it to get a good grip. pull. If its leaking its probably b/c they are dry rotted. just follow them from the sunroof to the a-pillar.