How much HP can i run safely?

boostedteg94

hey guys just wondering how much hp i can run safely with the mods that i have done to the block? i have SRP pistons 8.5:1 with eagle rods, ACL race bearing, Cometic Head gasket, ARP head studs, and i am running a Turbonetics T3/T04E. using stock head. i know that the sleeves are my weak point right now. i had it tuned and dynoed last year with crome and made 300whp on a mustang dyno @ 12.5psi. i had to stop there because i ran out of injectors. i have dsm 450cc and i am upgrading to rc 550cc to run allitle more boost. i really dont want any more that 350whp. so basically i was just wondering how high i can go on the hp numbers with what i got to and be a safe daily driver?

thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
550cc injectors are still a little undersized for 350whp. I wouldn't care to run the duty cycles that high if I were tuning it.

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
For pushing 350whp your setup is fine just get some injectors and you'll be golden

Spody02

Name: Cody
i would get like 880s, justs in case you ever do want to make more power, and it never hurts to have more fuel then you need.

i'm shooting for high 300s low 400s and i'm using 1000cc

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
and it never hurts to have more fuel then you need.
As long as he's not using a cat. If you run rich with a cat, it will plug it faster than your car can go from 0 to 60. If you don't already, I highly suggest getting a test-pipe. Especially because of all the BS they do with cats now.

Last edited:

boostedteg94

ya i am running a cat. i think that i am just going to run the 650cc injectors. i dont plan on wanting anymore than 350whp on a mustang dyno (but u know how that goes, u always want more). Dont want to spend to much more money on it because i might be seeling it in the fall anyways...

boostedteg94

i know, i guess i am just not sure if i want to sell it or not. i guess if it makes the power i want and runs good as a daily drive i just might keep it!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Well, in my opinion, I don't see why anyone would waste money modifying a car to just turn around and sell it...

If you change it up, just keep it. At least keep it for awhile so it's not a total waste.

You've got a nice car, with great stuff in it. Just keep building off of it. :thumbs up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
750cc injectors would be about perfect if you plan to leave it the way it is. You could go larger if you wanted to leave yourself more head room to compensate for future boost greed.