Which is better, to restore my headlights or purchase new ones

trevonjs89

Right now im on a pretty tight budget but have enough for HIDS, is it best to buy the kit to restore my lights or simply buy new ones

JGvtec

Right now im on a pretty tight budget but have enough for HIDS, is it best to buy the kit to restore my lights or simply buy new ones
If you could take some picture's i would love to tell you weather to buy new ones. There is a point where you still can restore them i would just need picture's. Up load picture's to here.

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
you can restore them it will save you much money. go to auto parts store buy a lens restoration kit. the one i used is the turtlewax kit and it worked amazing.

jznsn2u

Restore. I've done it before, check my thread.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I use 3M rubbing compound and shop towels, and with the left over compound us it to clean up your rims or faded areas

isa423

street freaks
restore them. i did it from a kit at autozone and the foggyness went away but if you got water inside the housing i say get new ones.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Restore your lights for like 10 or less, then go buy hids, new headlights will run you up to a couple hundred for decent ones alone. OEM are almost 1k a pair.

JGvtec

Should everyone go to 2000 grit or does it depend on how hazed it is? I really like your corner lights, did you paint those amber or are those OEM sets.
the low grit is to get out the big scratches
the higher grit will basically almost smooth it out.
I would go up to 2000 anyway.

jznsn2u

Should everyone go to 2000 grit or does it depend on how hazed it is? I really like your corner lights, did you paint those amber or are those OEM sets.
Thanks. Some people stop at 1000 grit then they polish it. Personal preference, I went to 2000 grit wet sand.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
the blue magic lens restore is like 5.99 and makes the meguirs plastx look like garbage..makes mine look brand new everytime i use it