WTH is this stuff?

Ganyon

So I decided to look through the car today. The first set of pics is for the wiring for subs. The second set is under my steering wheel. Could anyone tell me what this stuff is?

Under the wheel.

These two wires look like they go together.

The round thing on the plastic is a button of some sort.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Those are probably setup to limit a certain range of frequencies to go through to specific speakers. cant remember what they are called.

r0g3r16

i have that same button on my car also... no idea what its for tho i pressed it and nothing ever happened

BeatBox

Real Good!
^ from that

-Converts High Level Speaker Output to RCA Line Level
-Adjustable Level Control
-Allows Easy Installation of EQ’s & Amplifiers
-Adds RCA Line Outputs to Systems Without
its the ghetto way of hooking up subs to your stock system basically

not sure if both of them go together never seen that small under the steering wheel

Cripton805

The one with the green plug is to take off the maintenance light that you're supposed to press after every oil change. It begins to flash once you need to do maintenance and stays lit when you need it NOW at 7500 miles I think. Lmao

The black box and that connector looks like an old alarm equipment. Pretty much everything under the dash except for the green connector blug box.

The stuff in the rear is all audio. Likely under the carpet.

Last edited:

Ganyon

Thanks. Would it help to say that I think the car has an alarm because there is a speaker under my hood by the firewall and no one else has it.