Ebay turbo for light DD

whitesheep

I feel a lot of tension in here....
yah, def alot of tension lol, I think you people who are against, should have simple said, No its a bad idea. and gave ur reason QUALITY, not a story of how much it cost etc nd etc. Cause I been to shop that gave me quotes for turbo and installion for 800$? I am srry thats not double my car either, my $0.02. I thin people are taking the car game OD, where here to help each other, not start shit? guess what I am pretty half of us drive integra? *smh* I feel like this is a Honda Vs Dubber Flame war. Go get a beer or a cig n d chillax.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Used garrets go for 200-400 all day. new garretts are 500. If you cant afford a $200 used turbo, why are you turbocharging your car?

Looks pretty lame on the side of the road while people are passing you dont you think? ;)

acetobe55

im right there with you ALEXD, ebay kits work sometimes .. if you want to be proud of your car you will do it right, but dont come tell me how great that ebay turbo is cause you didnt pay to play at all...

You paid 4k on a built motor? I payed 1500 bucks for a sleeved block, rods pistons and supertech valve springs... lol
Hx35 250-300
manifold Cast 100
waste gate (tial on CL) 150
BOV (greddy) 90 on CL
Intercooler kit (CXracing on Ebay) 150
S300 (CL) 400
Injectors 880cc (Friend) 200

Thats 1390 I spent on my turbo kit Granted I got some good deals but thats what shoping around will do for you... That dosent include a tune but hey when your friend owns a dyno thats not a big deal.

$2890 is how much I spent on a 450whp car...

With alittle shoping around you can have a nice set up for cheap that will actually last

Last edited:

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
4k includes rods, pistons, bearings, and labor + an entire turbo kit to go with it. HKS, Log manifold, Tial, 3 inch downpipe, full 3 inch exhaust, intercooler, piping tune, etc.

acetobe55

I think total was 3000 ish for my car but im lucky in my buddy owning a shop... that car walks just about anything

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
where can you get garrets for 500 new or 200 used?
http://www.spoolinperformance.com/garrett-t3to4e-trim-p-30.html?osCsid=005651e2f4885e5e8ce478049fb86b59

heres a brand new 57 trim for $595. Isnt bad for a turbo that is brand new.

As for finding one in the $200 dollar range, you gotta search and keep searching to find "deals"

There was a blown garrett going on my forums for $75, with a nice rebuild kit someone couldve had themselves a cheap turbo.

Also, you can always look into holset, mitsubishi turbos etc.

hidenplanvew

I like the Hx35 there 300-400 in good shape and very easy to rebuild on your own cause every part is balanced individualy. so you can rebuild it in your house.. and when they spool they are very loud.. they will push like 450 500 whp

ali_baba

The reason I initially started this thread was because, as i stated, i wanted to run low boost. I lost everything about my ls except for how weak the engine is. I only want 220hp and 200tq MAXX!!! I just want it to drive a little more easily and have a little power when i need it ony the street. I dont want to race every weekend. And one more thing, I work for a construction company that has a metal shop so I can get any part rewelded for free by an excenellent welder. My only issue is the trubo seal i guess so I think it would be a good idea to buy an ebay turbo kit and use everything except the turbo. If i buy the the kit for $900 at most and a nice turbo for $700 or something then thats $1600 for a turbo kit. I can also get it installed for free. Does that seem worth it or is everything just gonna fall apart every month or so.

j13

Keep It Clean
Manufacturers do make Turbo automatic cars..so what's the big deal? some dude on here has a supercharged 4spd..turbo has been done, there is no problems unless you plan on doing more than 220hp imho.

a 5spd will be more fun to drive though, you'll feel the torque MUCH greater also

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
The reason I initially started this thread was because, as i stated, i wanted to run low boost. I lost everything about my ls except for how weak the engine is. I only want 220hp and 200tq MAXX!!! I just want it to drive a little more easily and have a little power when i need it ony the street. I dont want to race every weekend. And one more thing, I work for a construction company that has a metal shop so I can get any part rewelded for free by an excenellent welder. My only issue is the trubo seal i guess so I think it would be a good idea to buy an ebay turbo kit and use everything except the turbo. If i buy the the kit for $900 at most and a nice turbo for $700 or something then thats $1600 for a turbo kit. I can also get it installed for free. Does that seem worth it or is everything just gonna fall apart every month or so.
Dont even bother with the ebay stuff seriously

This thread is great. So many ignorant stubborn post from people who know everything. Lolz
This post is great, youre contributing nothing to this thread.