01 front end on a 97?

So I was thinking about getting an 01 ront bumper for my 97 ls just because I like the look a lot better but does anyone know if it will bolt up or am I looking at serious modifications to make it fit?

goofygamer

For the conversion on a 94-97, you'll need: 98-01 front bumper, headlights, turnsignals, turnsignals bracket (if your bumper doesn't come with one), and fender liners (not necessarily needed)

Last edited:
hmm I may just repaint my front end and get a lip. Im kinda on a serious budjet lol. But thanks for the info. I will probably do that at some point.

Jayteg

I got a 01 bumper on my 94.....It does need the 01 head lamps to fill the small gap. But if you look at my car it looks fine.

goofygamer

Deangebro, can I see the fitment of your 98-01 front bumper with the 94-97 fenders? A close up of the connection between them if you could, also, please.

Jayteg

Look at mine bro, fenders to bumper is flush. Only someone who really knows about tegs can tell I got a different bumper.

goofygamer

I'm on tapatalk so I can't really see it.

I just looked up the part numbers for the fenders. You guys are right, 98-01 and 94-97 do use the same fenders. Fixed my first post

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
An observation ive had on 98-01 conversions that look like the fender and bumper dont match up (line up correctly but body lines seem off) have been conversions consisting of bumper and headlights only. The ones i know of that converted and the front end is flawless were all with fenders despite being the same. Dont ask me to explain it. Its something ive noticed and probably not even consistant throughout but for some reason it occurs. Only thing i can elaborate on is what i think doesnt match up. Its where the fender looks like it might be dented at the seam where it meets the bumper. Creates a shadow.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
yeah but i never questioned whether they were needed or not lol =P If i did a conversion and had that problem i would want the fenders though. That little detail would drive me nuts.

Nadistopher

For the transformation on a 94-97, you'll need: 98-01 front side fender, front side lights, turnsignals, turnsignals segment & if your fender doesn't come with one, and fender ships then not actually needed . . . . .