01 gsr clutch?

Hawj509

4dr_GSR
what up CI..just recently bought and DB8 a couple months ago...was driving fine...car is completely stock..now my clutch pedal goes down half way before catching..any suggestions on what it could be?..help!?!

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
Possible that it could be air in the system bleed the clutch and see if it helps... Also check for leaks around the slave cylinder and or the master cylinder.

Sent from Tomodachi Squad's Garage

Hawj509

4dr_GSR
thank you..ill do that this weekend..hit you back with an update..hopefully its not the clutch..

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
Cool pm me for my number I u need help I was a Honda Technician for over 10 years

Sent from Tomodachi Squad's Garage

Hawj509

4dr_GSR
update!...I'm such a noob that I totally forgot about the clutch master cylinder...just checked it and its completely dry...and theres my problem....but Can I just pour regular manual trans fluid in there? or can do I have to use Honda brand?

drevans_satx

Dylan
Its dot3 brake fluid in the master cylinder.

I just used the prestone stuff around my house from vatozone. Seems to work well.

96LSteg

Jemel
transmission fluid is made for lubrication not for hydraulic applications. Brake fluid on the other hand is a hydraulic fluid and you have a hydraulic clutch so thats the fluid you need.

Hawj509

4dr_GSR
update...and we are successful...BUT now...should i still bleed the slave cylinder?...
When i first poured the brake fluid in it didnt come up completely but gotten better...now its fine...suggestions?