01 gsr low idle/stall after refuel!?

sweendog1969

Sorry if this a re post from somewhere else but i couldn't find anything that seemed to help. I have an 01 gsr stock except an oreilly air intake and some les schwab wheels. Whenever I refuel and the car is on empty or very close to empty (less than 1/8th a tank) the car will idle really low and usually stall but starts right back up. However i have noticed when the tank is about a quarter or more full it doesnt seem to do that. I always use name brand preimum gas,no arco or costo or any of that.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Change your fuel filter.

Never ride close to empty on a car this old.

Dirt and bad gas that builds up over time settles in the bottom of the tank because you ended up with that crap from the bottom of the gas stations tanks.

Add those 2 and multiply by 10+ years and you have the end result which is your problem now.

Never go Lower than 1/4 tank.

Drop your old tank, dump the old fuel and give it a good cleaning if you can.

gsr_nikhil

Lol I have to disagree with the previous post. I mean ya the cars are old but if they are DD the gas/debris in the tank will most definitely not be at the bottom. After driving for a while everything gets mixed up again. Our tanks are only 13.3 gallons....not much room for 'debris'

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

2kdb7

Change your fuel filter and call us in the morning. And its kinda both of the posts. When your tank is full all the old gas and what not is all mixed up and thinned out. When your tank is low its consitrated and will bog your system down

sweendog1969

I'll try the fuel filter change but where is it? Hope its not part of the pump. I could see junk in the tank if the car was a lot older and sat around a lot. I've put at least a dozen tanks of fuel since i picked it up. I don't know if it matters if fuel injection or carb but my two older cars sit for months and then get run down to E then refueled and they are carb and don't have this problem. I also think I cured my idle problem by blasting all the carbon buildup from the throttle body.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Well there you go. I'd still replace the fuel filter and do a full tune up on the car if you haven't already.