02 sensor question

IntegraGstypeR

ok im looking to get a whole new header/exhaust system set up since im running stock everything.
The question I have is since my car is a 99 with 2 02 sensors is there any way to run a test pipe that has two 02 bung holes?? or will a set of aftermarket headers come with one for the 02 and the test pipe with another? Let me know and give me suggestions on what i should do CL!!

Silver Knight

if you decide to run a test pipe, be prepared for the secondary to burn out causing it to throw a CEL. your best bet would be to get a header that already has a bung in it and then get a carsound high flow cat unless you find a header that is equal in length with your stock header. you can get one that has a bung in it or have your local exhaust shop put one in for you.

Last edited:

mteg

Automatic Lover
You could just buy a test pipe and have another bung added at a muffler shop. The plug costs $3 and to add it would cost $10 a most. To get away with the 2nd o2 sensor from failing, just get a o2 simulator. Theres 2 kinds, on that gets wired in that sends a fake "everythings ok" signal back to the ecu. The other kind (what I have) pulls the o2 sensor out of the testpipe so it does not throw a code.