06-07 Civic SI exhaust fit a da9

92_JDM

As title state, how hard will it be to fit a 06-07 civic si exhaust on a Da9. Seen it done on new integra and was wondering can it be done to a Da9.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I would doubt it since the DA exhaust has a bend right before the tip. You may be able to cut the muffler between the tip and resonator and put an elbow in there..

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Whats so special about that muffler? My 08 FG1 sounded better without the muffler than with it, on throttle.

Sent from my DC4

92_JDM

hahah, wanna try something new. every other muffler is to loud for me and i live in cali and cops is a b**** here.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
get a stock exhaust @ pick - n - pull

I have a generic stock exhaust and it is fine... anything not made for the DA will require a bit of modification & by the time it is said and done you will spend as much as it cost yto geta good CA LEGAL system like the Tanabe setup ( which is a direct bolt on & dies not exceed CA limits.) The rulu ( no matter what the copp says) is that the exhaust note cannot be over 95 Db at 3-5k rpm

Hell if cops are that bad in your area I'd get a DB meter and start filing harassment claims lol...

regardless... as long as you stay away from a cheap ebay fart can you should have no issues.

92_JDM

get a stock exhaust @ pick - n - pull

I have a generic stock exhaust and it is fine... anything not made for the DA will require a bit of modification & by the time it is said and done you will spend as much as it cost yto geta good CA LEGAL system like the Tanabe setup ( which is a direct bolt on & dies not exceed CA limits.) The rulu ( no matter what the copp says) is that the exhaust note cannot be over 95 Db at 3-5k rpm

Hell if cops are that bad in your area I'd get a DB meter and start filing harassment claims lol...

regardless... as long as you stay away from a cheap ebay fart can you should have no issues.
I have a stock one, but the tip is chipping after a long period of time.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I looked into changing the muffler position on mine, and the frame rails are the biggest problem with a larger muffler.

I just got the Tanabe Touring and very pleased with it so far.

92_JDM

I looked into changing the muffler position on mine, and the frame rails are the biggest problem with a larger muffler.

I just got the Tanabe Touring and very pleased with it so far.
thats cool, yeah ima look more into it. its harder cause it has that bend right before the tip.

DarkDB1

You'll have to cut the piping off the muffler and have your own fitted.

I'd look into just replacement mufflers. Borla, magnaflow or something... A few friends of mine had RSR exhausts and they sounded pretty good. Not obnoxiously loud but had a notable tone.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
RSR is discontinued & super hard to find...

Only stuff in production would be Magnaflow, Tanabe Medallion Touring, and Skunk 2 N1 catback

every now and then you may see a Greddy SP2pop up on g2ic, but they want BANK for it

you can get the Tanabe exhausty which sounds great for under 600 bucks shipped. It also fits up axle back style like the OEM exhaust.