1" drop springs, yay or nay?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
So simple question, is putting on about a 1" drop lowering springs by themselves with nothing else ok or no?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
no camber no thing, I just want a small drop but not slammed cause I wont be able to get out of my driveway and what not.

jznsn2u

its all up to you if you like it then yay, if you dont then nay. who cares what other people think, its what you're going to be driving so make it how you want it. imo try it out and make a guess, or use microsoft paint to test how it'll look and make your decision on it.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Like is it ok do just get these springs with the very small drop with no camber kit or anything, like basically...Will if fuck anything up? lol

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
oh i thought you asking for persmission or something lol

I think you should be ok because its not an aggressive drop. Your stock shocks should be able to handle that.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
yeah thats what I was wanting to know, just if the stock gsr suspension can handle that lile 3/4-1" drop.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Ok best quality Apex, H&R, or Neuspeed? Those all have a small drop available all withing what I'm willing to pay. Or does anyone know of a spring with a fairly small drop to which I can use my stock shocks with.

cb112282

there are quite a few including the ones you just mentioned. You can even go with a 1.5' drop on stock shocks and you would be fine. I had Tanabe GF210's with stock shocks and they were great... looked great and handled great...

Lowering 1 inch is like boosting 3psi....it's redundant to spend the time and money doing it for the minimal result.
Get a set of coilovers, then you can adjust the height as desired and have a better ride than springs on stock shocks(as you didn't mention changing them).

TheSylntChamber

Ok best quality Apex, H&R, or Neuspeed? Those all have a small drop available all withing what I'm willing to pay. Or does anyone know of a spring with a fairly small drop to which I can use my stock shocks with.
I love my H&R OE Sport springs. Dropped perfect and great ride quality.

Lowering 1 inch is like boosting 3psi....it's redundant to spend the time and money doing it for the minimal result.
Get a set of coilovers, then you can adjust the height as desired and have a better ride than springs on stock shocks(as you didn't mention changing them).
Your statement is retarded and a horrible analogy. Yeah why only lower it 1" when you can slam it and drag the ground. Maybe everyone doesn't want a car lowered more than 1". I like mine perfectly. I can get around without dragging out anywhere or scrubbing tires. A 1" drop will make a nice difference especially accompanied with the correct tire size.

What's redundant is him saying that he can't lower it anymore than 1" and you tell him to lower it more.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Yeah basically I just want something that will give a bit better handleing and take away most of my wheel gap, i mean good springs are about 250 a good coilover set is an easy 1000 so I'm probably gonna go with the eibach pro kit. 1.3 drop in front and rear.

9eightgtee

This is a great thread! Im brand new here, and I was thinking of doing a 1 inch or so drop. Does anyone have any pics of a 1 or 1.3 inch drop??