$1000 Rs? Good pick up?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
So im going tomorrow to look at this rs but not sure if its worth it. Im swapping the motor to hc b20 so mileage is no biggie just worried about the trans and clutch and rust. How difficult is it tto cut out and weld new pieces into the chassis?
http://westmd.craigslist.org/cto/5066256985.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
you're swapping the motor so you should be replacing the clutch while in there

if there's no structural damage and the rust is superficial I think it's a good deal

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

for a $1000? I wonder what sort of other issues this could have. Body looks like it's not in the best of shape (unless that's normal for your area given weather etc) :/ those tires look to be in bad shape too.

Sure after you get a new motor in there it might run fine for a little bit, but then all the other problems will start popping up.

Brett1414

you're swapping the motor so you should be replacing the clutch while in there

if there's no structural damage and the rust is superficial I think it's a good deal
Yeah true. Any reccommendations towards a clutch?

Brett1414

for a $1000? I wonder what sort of other issues this could have. Body looks like it's not in the best of shape (unless that's normal for your area given weather etc) :/ those tires look to be in bad shape too.

Sure after you get a new motor in there it might run fine for a little bit, but then all the other problems will start popping up.
What other things should i look for that could be major aside from motor and trans?

Noneed2Hate

What other things should i look for that could be major aside from motor and trans?

I would make sure all the suspension components are still gucci, major rust spots anywhere will be no bueno

Brett1414

I would make sure all the suspension components are still gucci, major rust spots anywhere will be no bueno
Yeah good point. If they are no bueno ill just slap some koni/gc on that.

osiris19

Don't even bother with that. I paid $740 for my car with a gsr trans, frost white, no rust, and only one sent in the fender. That isn't worth a shit.

Noneed2Hate

basically, if you have to spend over $1000 to make this car decent again on top of the $1000 you already paid just find a car that's already in better shape.

FWIW: I paid $7k for my integra at a dealership roughly half a year ago.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Poor thunder grey RS...

Honestly if it were me I'd buy it, maybe try to talk them down a little when you're there in person with cash.

If I remember correctly you said you wanted a shell for a track car, RS's aren't easy to find, but if you do find one it's solid starting point, saves quite a bit of work.

Brett1414

basically, if you have to spend over $1000 to make this car decent again on top of the $1000 you already paid just find a car that's already in better shape.

FWIW: I paid $7k for my integra at a dealership roughly half a year ago.
True, i guess waiting seems like a good option...plus its like an hour away.....

R13

The other asshole
From what I've seen you won't get a much better integra for 2k... Plus it won't be an RS :mrgreen: