10a fuse issues

TheAdams

my husband just hooked up xm radio....now all of a sudden he is having issues with the 10a fuse (interior lights and brake lights) keep blowing. any one else have this prob? 97 acura integra. need help asap!

LittleB10

check grounds. then maybe add an additional ground to the back of the radio's regular ground. maybe try just putting in a higher fuse too? maybe try a 20? good luck though!

Prozon

Kris
Do not put a higher rated fuse. The fuse blows because you have a wire short. Some power wire is touching a ground causing it to burn the fuse out. If you put a higher rated fuse in you are likely to burn the wiring up instead. That's how electrical fires start, and burn cars to the ground.

Just check the wiring and fix anything incorrectly wired or bare wires/touching connections.

LittleB10

sorry i wasn't thinking. yea dont put in a bigger fuse. i've seen it done and work but not worth the risk. check the grounds and power wires. they could be touching at some point and can lead to blown fuses or melted wires, etc.

1994 Integra

I had same problem. If you have an aftermarket radio. Make sure none of the speaker wires are peeled and touching a ground.

C.adams93

i am having this issue with my 94 gsr... i have an after market radio and an apexi vtec controller, could this be an issue in wiring? im poping the 10 amp fuse for my dash lights, running lights and license plate light. any ideas or a good area to start? (also i did not install any of the aftermarket pieces, they were on the car when i purchased)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
a power is touching a ground. i would trace all your wiring and the Vtec controller is shit get rid of it. Your car is probably telling you to get rid of it via blowing fuses