@140k miles, want to recover hp

Murphy

Meat Master
I'll be heading back to my hometown after finals this week and my car is scheduled for an oil change and all other routine maintenance. My engine is old obviously and losing power I know you're suppose to get a tune up around 80k-100k miles.

If I scheduled a tune up, how effective will it be in bringing my engine closer to it's original specifications? Is there anything else I should ask Acura to do in order recover some of that lost horsepower? Or is there anything I can do without modifying the engine? Appreciate any tips.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
mine seemed fine at 150k when i bought it all the way to 190k and it was raced. I think you just need a full tune up

aaks38

ive been rebuilding a 96 LS qwith 180k on it. Key things are change timing belt if due, mine had enough deflection that it was off 3-5 degrees, change plugs wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter and air filter. Might want to also clean it out with seafoam by running it through the intake and clean out the throttle body assembly.

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
im at 145k, and did a valve lash adjustment. seemed to be more responsive, but i did the timing belt as well.