1500 rpm bounce?

peacekeeper

alright basically my car a (93 ls b18a1) will idle great but when you try to drive it when it hits 1500 rpm's it gets stuck and bounces and after it acts a fool and get past 2k its fine again. when its at idle you can rev it up to 15 and watch it sit thier and bounce. does any one know why and how to fix this problem. i have to get this fixed its making me look like i dont know how to drive. some one please help me! thanks

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Make sure you check your plugs, wires, distributor cap, and your rotor. Mine is actin up a little but not at idle, so I'm currently checkin all that shit too.

peacekeeper

i just put new plugs and wires in about week and a half ago and it was running fine. i took the intake manifold off to put on a high flow and that is when it started so i took it off and put my stock one back on and it still does it. i thought it was the pcv but i put a new one on and didnt change anything. its not throwing any codes though. and i checked all my vacuum lines. its getting fustrating........i just want to drive my car!!! im leaving for a week in the morning so hopefully while i am gone people will come up with some good ideas. thanks alot guys. -peacekeeper-

bubba03

peacekeeper said:
i just put new plugs and wires in about week and a half ago and it was running fine. i took the intake manifold off to put on a high flow and that is when it started so i took it off and put my stock one back on and it still does it. i thought it was the pcv but i put a new one on and didnt change anything. its not throwing any codes though. and i checked all my vacuum lines. its getting fustrating........i just want to drive my car!!! im leaving for a week in the morning so hopefully while i am gone people will come up with some good ideas. thanks alot guys. -peacekeeper-

First off, did you disconnect your battery before you started unpluging sensors? Second, did your put a new IM gasket on? You probably need to reset your ECU to let it know that one you put a new intake on and let it recalibrate itself and now that you switched back its probably going nuts. I had the same problem when I was working on my Mom's car. All I was doing was changing plugs but I had to take the upper intake plenum to get to the back ones and when I was done it ran like crap. Why?, because I didn't bother to disconnect the battery and I forgot to hook up one measly sensor which I totally forgot about. So try that see if it works if not, I dont know.