18" rims for 2" drop?

95 INTEGRA LS

18" rims for 2" drop?

I have 18's for my integgy that i need tires for...is it gonna fit ok with my 2" drop or should I go with 17's.....I need to buy 215 35 18 tires so if 17's will work alot better I might as well spen the little extra to down size completly right?
________
BOX VAPORIZER

Last edited:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
this is just my opinion...but i really dont like any wheel bigger than a 16" on a honda...but that is just my 0.02

Sammich

yea it should...my dc was dropped at about 3" w/ 17s and i didnt have any issues..run 215 35s

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i mean c'mon guys.. its his preference.. if he wants to rock rims like that.. let him.. you cant tell him dont get it because it doesnt look right..

anywho..

i personally wouldnt get it because tires would be very expensive for something with that kind of rim size and that low of a profile.. with a sidewall that thin, it'd be a pain to have when you hit a pothole or something unseen on the road.. it may shatter (ive seen it happen before) if you go over a bump/dip/pothole too fast or cause a bubble in the tire (when the steel belts snaps but rubber still in tact).. and with a drop that low, ride quality would drop quite a bit too and there is a high possibility for rubbing during normal turns..

i strongly advise getting something in a 15 or 16
15 = 195/50 or 205/50
16 = 205/40 or 205/45

not only because i think they look better.. i think they're more practical than anything 17+ also..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i mean c'mon guys.. its his preference.. if he wants to rock rims like that.. let him.. you cant tell him dont get it because it doesnt look right..

anywho..

i personally wouldnt get it because tires would be very expensive for something with that kind of rim size and that low of a profile.. with a sidewall that thin, it'd be a pain to have when you hit a pothole or something unseen on the road.. it may shatter (ive seen it happen before) if you go over a bump/dip/pothole too fast or cause a bubble in the tire (when the steel belts snaps but rubber still in tact).. and with a drop that low, ride quality would drop quite a bit too and there is a high possibility for rubbing during normal turns..

i strongly advise getting something in a 15 or 16
15 = 195/50 or 205/50
16 = 205/40 or 205/45

not only because i think they look better.. i think they're more practical than anything 17+ also..
x2! It's really up to you. I was just being biased because I'm a practical guy like Coy ^ . If you want to go 17s or 18s, do it.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
x2! It's really up to you. I was just being biased because I'm a practical guy like Coy ^ . If you want to go 17s or 18s, do it.
yea the other thing to is that with bigger wheels your car will accelerate slower because it has more rotational mass to spin...and their heavier

sonicvybe

new driver
18s on teg = 2 inch raise....lol...I wud go with 16s + drop if u want a sexy fit. And if you really care about ride quality, get some adjustable coilovers ;p