185/60/14 ok on a 95 GS-R

JOHN HARVEY

I have 14" wheels...are 195-60-14 tires good? I have a 95 GS-R. What will this do to my speedo accuracy? I have a chance to buy 2 Falkon Sincera Touring SN211's. What is the best tire size for the 14"? What difference in sizes is alright between front and back also? Thanks! Newbie. Just bought this car last week and I need tires!

mjones73

195/60R15 would be the stock size for a 14 inch rim. You mentioned two different sizes between your subject and message. I'd go same size front and back.

The GSR's came with 15 inch rims though so it sounds like someone traded, sold, lost or whatever with the original wheels before you got it.

BeatBox

Real Good!
i have a set of summer and winter tires in 185-65-14 and have no problems, my car is lowered about 1.5inches all the way around

NEEK94LS

Shouldnt be a problem, I remember when my car had 14's, driving was fine but it didnt look very nice. 195/50 sounds like some beefy tires, its gonna look a little odd on an Integra. Shouldnt you have hammers anyway?

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Shouldnt be a problem, I remember when my car had 14's, driving was fine but it didnt look very nice. 195/50 sounds like some beefy tires, its gonna look a little odd on an Integra. Shouldnt you have hammers anyway?
195/60 is beefy. 195/50 isn't really as much. Difference of almost 20 mm in height ( 19.5 mm to be exact ). or you can say almost an inch.

60% (of tread width) x 195 mm ( tread width ) = 117 mm ( side wall height )
50% (of tread width) x 195 mm ( tread width ) = 97.5 mm ( side wall height )
60% (of tread width) x185 mm ( tread width ) = 111 mm ( side wall height )

John, since you are running 14's, you shouldn't have a problem. Try searching in Google for "Speed Converter " to see what you will be off by more or less if anything. Or here you go....

http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

GSR I believe is 195/55-15. Enter the second set into the second area. BY the calculation you will be off by about half a MPH. Not a lot to cry about. Also gives you circumfrence and revolutions. You should be ok unless the brakes/calipers don't clear the 14 inch wheels.

If you meant 185/60 14's then you will have a 5.5 mph difference on your speedo.

Last edited:

NEEK94LS

195/60 is beefy. 195/50 isn't really as much. Difference of almost 20 mm in height ( 19.5 mm to be exact ). or you can say almost an inch.

60% (of tread width) x 195 mm ( tread width ) = 117 mm ( side wall height )
50% (of tread width) x 195 mm ( tread width ) = 97.5 mm ( side wall height )
60% (of tread width) x185 mm ( tread width ) = 111 mm ( side wall height )

John, since you are running 14's, you shouldn't have a problem. Try searching in Google for "Speed Converter " to see what you will be off by more or less if anything. Or here you go....

http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

GSR I believe is 195/55-15. Enter the second set into the second area. BY the calculation you will be off by about half a MPH. Not a lot to cry about. Also gives you circumfrence and revolutions. You should be ok unless the brakes don't clear the 14 inch wheels.

If you meant 185/60 14's then you will have a 5.5 mph difference on your speedo.
Sorry that was a typo I meant 195/60 are beefy tires, and I think for daily driving he should be cool

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Sorry that was a typo I meant 195/60 are beefy tires, and I think for daily driving he should be cool
No worries. You caught me on my edit LOL. I agree, good for daily. Will feel less road imperfections for sure. A setup like that would be good for winiter tires. More beef to the tires. I remember rocking the stock tires on my 95 GSR. Felt a bit springy but it felt nice.