1987 integra won't fire

LeechKirsten

so my car was runnin fine one day then just decided it did not want to start......... it cranks but wont fire I tested the fule injectors they are good replaced fule pump there is good fule presher checked plugs an fuses all is good there and put a new ECU in........... still wont start any Ideas on what to do next????????/

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
pull the plug and see if ur sparkin if not check the distributor i had this problem on a 91 hatch the set screw backed out on the rotor and it died right there on the road all i had to do was screw it back in and it was fine a great example how a $0.02 part can ruin ur day lol

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
are your cams moving? look inside the oil filler hole should be able to see the cams moving while cranking

89teggie

89teggie
if the timing belt is not broken, the cams will be moving when the motor is turning over. check all your ground connections, make sure there are grounds from the valve cover, cylinder head, engine block, and tranny goin to the frame. check fuses under the hood and under the dash. use a multi meter and check continuity in the fuel injection circuit.

WES

This is what I would do. You said it has spark so check if it is getting fuel. I would get some carb cleaner and shoot it down the throttle while trying to start it. If it starts you know your not getting fuel somehow. If it still does not start I would continue to a compression test. If you dont have a tester it's cool get yourself a rag and a screw driver remove the spark plug being careful not to put the whole rag through to the head push it down where the spark plug goes. Have someone start the car it should shoot out the rag if enough compression is being made. It is always better to test with a compression tester. They rent them out at most part stores. But times are hard. Plus a tester is accurate. Your problem lies within these three simple things.

blackbichGSX

I am having a similar problem with my 89. I am still driving the car, but it randomly will not fire. I get in the car and 80% of the time it starts right up, but sometimes it turns over, runs for a second and then does not run. It just turns with the starter. I was lucky to have a friend near by once and we tested some stuff. I am getting spark. The cylinders are dry, but the fuel pump is running, so I tried a new fuel filter, then a fuel pressure regulator. It seems to have improved, but it still happens.

After multiple tries to get it to start it will fire over, but I just want it to start every time.