1989 integra h22a4 swap

enoch723

I wouldnt recommend ding any swap in a G1 unless you know how to metal work. Only other engine I would say to swap in is an actual dohc zc. If you go to swap in anythin else your going to have to make some cuts to the firewall and make custom mounts and youll have to remove the power steering and ac.

If you want a swap its going to be hard no matter what you do but a DOHC ZC is the easiest choice cause its the same thing as the d16 but has more power.

You can just do what I did with my d16a1 in the my 3g civic which is the best bang for your buck. Keep the d16a1 and drop the zc block on and all the internals from the zc and get some basic domed piston. I would guess my civic is pushing 150 if im lucky.

This is why i got rid of my G1 teg. Cant do much due to the wheel wells closer to the firewall then most honda's and having prehistoric torsion bars in the front. You have to be really dedicated to modify a G1 and be able to put some money in. I used mine as a DD while I worked on my civic

awright3331

G1 TEG
I wouldnt recommend ding any swap in a G1 unless you know how to metal work. Only other engine I would say to swap in is an actual dohc zc. If you go to swap in anythin else your going to have to make some cuts to the firewall and make custom mounts and youll have to remove the power steering and ac.

If you want a swap its going to be hard no matter what you do but a DOHC ZC is the easiest choice cause its the same thing as the d16 but has more power.

You can just do what I did with my d16a1 in the my 3g civic which is the best bang for your buck. Keep the d16a1 and drop the zc block on and all the internals from the zc and get some basic domed piston. I would guess my civic is pushing 150 if im lucky.

This is why i got rid of my G1 teg. Cant do much due to the wheel wells closer to the firewall then most honda's and having prehistoric torsion bars in the front. You have to be really dedicated to modify a G1 and be able to put some money in. I used mine as a DD while I worked on my civic
meh prolly just pick up a 3g civic

enoch723

Thats exactly what I did too. The G1 is the perfect dd but not something you want to modify unless you either have your own shop and lots of time, or a lot of money to drop and having someone else do it

awright3331

G1 TEG
Thats exactly what I did too. The G1 is the perfect dd but not something you want to modify unless you either have your own shop and lots of time, or a lot of money to drop and having someone else do it
After seeing this video

[YOUTUBE="lvSZYL0xXGg"]lvSZYL0xXGg[/YOUTUBE]

i dont want anything but a rebuilt d16a1 in my teg lol

enoch723

After seeing this video

[YOUTUBE="lvSZYL0xXGg"]lvSZYL0xXGg[/YOUTUBE]

i dont want anything but a rebuilt d16a1 in my teg lol
Yeah I commented on that on facebook. I have only ever used the d16a1 in my cars for the last 3 years and after this video I probably wont use anything else

enoch723

I only thought there was a B16 swap for the G1 integra, the H22 is overkill.
Even the b16 swap you will have to ditch the power steering and ac and get custom mounts made.

Really the problem comes from needing so much for any swap in the G1. You will need the cv, ecu wire harness and everything else and as far as I know the only thing that fits right is a d16a1, zc, d16y6, and the d16y8.

Me personally would do a b18 swap though. I wont do a swap only because the car is going to ride like a waterbed with the torsion bars.

enoch723

I never said the swaps CANT be done. I said its not worth it. If you are the kind of person to put down 400 just for simple motor mounts thats fine. But you would still have to rip out the power steering and ac and have to get the cv axles, wiring harness, custom shift linkage, and find someone to weld those 400$ mounts in the right spot. Not counting the engine and transmission on top of it all

To me.. when it comes to swapping something, I look for ease of access cause at the end of the day anything can be done with some money and work

EDIT: Realized these were bolts ins which actually make the whole process easier and in my opinion is an awesome find. Lol. To me it still might not be worth it cause the car is still going to handle like crap with the torsion bars in the front and you really wouldnt be able to have fun in the car with a b16 swap unless you were in a straight the whole time. Thats just my opinion though

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
To me.. when it comes to swapping something, I look for ease of access cause at the end of the day anything can be done with some money and work
Good point.

I never looked into the B16 swap with I had my G1, I just knew it was an option (maybe not the best one) 8)

awright3331

G1 TEG
Even the b16 swap you will have to ditch the power steering and ac and get custom mounts made.

Really the problem comes from needing so much for any swap in the G1. You will need the cv, ecu wire harness and everything else and as far as I know the only thing that fits right is a d16a1, zc, d16y6, and the d16y8.

Me personally would do a b18 swap though. I wont do a swap only because the car is going to ride like a waterbed with the torsion bars.
What are the specs for the y8

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

enoch723

I dont know for sure but I know they are gutless single cams with vtec out of the del slows. Lol. Ive driven a few del slows with the Y8 in there and they dont compare to the stock A1.