1990 db1 clutch cable problem

ilovejdmtegs

db1 b18 318HP
i have a grs 5 speed tranny in my 4dr db1 and the clutch is so stiff i can hardly push it in..is there a way to loosen the cable or tension or something so it isnt so damn stiff?? pics soon when i find out how to put them on here cuz im new to CI

emd513

you need a new cable. my da9 was the same way when i bought it and thought that was normal till the cable broke and i got a new one. its going to break soon but there only like 15 bucks at auto zone. go get you one.

Musicpro2010

Wat if after a short time period of driving it seems to loosen?? I'm tired of having to constantly adjust my cable. I just put this one in and im having to adjust it alot already. Is the something e that cud be wrong??

emd513

yeah i havent had to adjust mine in 5 months since i put it in. do you keep your foot on the pedal. if your riding the clutch that could cause it. bad clutch, throw out bearing getting bad theres a few things that could cause it. either way your going to have to pull it and might as well put new componets in it

Musicpro2010

I agree and i'm already in the process of doing that. But now i have a few other good questions...i plan on installing an 8lb flywheel as well as stage 3 clutch some time in the near future, cud this damage the car in any way?? Or can the cadle handle that kind of power??

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i plan on installing an 8lb flywheel as well as stage 3 clutch some time in the near future, cud this damage the car in any way?? Or can the cadle handle that kind of power??
It's the other way around. An OE clutch would not be able to handle the stress of your engine which is way the different stage clutches are made.