1990 integ question

Bintegra

i have a 1990 integra GS and i want to turbo it, but im not sure what things i should upgrade on my car, like pistons and other stuff.

Bintegra

so if i do all the internals whats the highest psi you think i can run without blowing anything

B16aTeggy

lol we cant tell u that.... u reallllllly need to find sumone or a good site that has alot of info like honda-tech.com..

DownShift96GSR

This day in age, you can super charge or turbo anything. With a B18A you'd be better off turboing cuz you don't have the VTEC. Internal wise you want to upgrade your valve train, new pistons, rods, and balance out your crankshaft. With your pistons if you get 9:1 compression pistons, port and polish, port match and do all new valve train, you could easily run about 15 PSI on a turbo, give or take a little. But that also depends on your fuel system as well. You could run 7-9 psi on stock motors, any more boost and you need to upgrade. Fuel system includes 330cc or 410cc or whatever you prefer injectors, a fuel rail, a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pump. Internals are already listed.

Basically I've seen some GSR motors run 25 PSI on a turbo. But those engines were fully built.

SxySlammedTeggy

DownShift96GSR said:
This day in age, you can super charge or turbo anything. With a B18A you'd be better off turboing cuz you don't have the VTEC. Internal wise you want to upgrade your valve train, new pistons, rods, and balance out your crankshaft. With your pistons if you get 9:1 compression pistons, port and polish, port match and do all new valve train, you could easily run about 15 PSI on a turbo, give or take a little. But that also depends on your fuel system as well. You could run 7-9 psi on stock motors, any more boost and you need to upgrade. Fuel system includes 330cc or 410cc or whatever you prefer injectors, a fuel rail, a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pump. Internals are already listed.

Basically I've seen some GSR motors run 25 PSI on a turbo. But those engines were fully built.

ok bill nye lol...8)

DownShift96GSR

I figure I work in a business office, under the table, and have a lot of free time usually. So what better to do with free time then educate myself on something I love, CARS. Especially Teggies, right?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
if you sleeve it, you can run 40 psi if you want. Dan Bensons sleeved blocks can handle 70 psi, but thats probably when the head LIFTS OFF the block.

stock sleeves can handle aroudn 15 psi, but need to have forged ipistons and rods to do that

DownShift96GSR

SxySlammedTeggy said:
yap yap yap lol.... bill nye the teggy guy lmao
That's cool as hell. :lol:

But yea, if you sleeve your car, you should be able to run more. AEBS makes sleeves that have been tested up to 55 PSI. Tha'ts some mad boost though. I say be prepared for anything if your runnin that much boost.

Eviloliv, I've never heard of Dan Benson Sleeves. I know of AEBS, RS MACHINE, GOLDEN EAGLE, but I have never heard of Dan Benson. Is there a web site for those sleeves so I could check em out?