1990 integra basic info..please help

sloancanfield

#1 I just got a 90-91 integra LS and its april 4th 2010 and the car has been parked up until a month and a half ago since 2008, its a 5 speed and it hasnt had a tune up so would that make it real sluggish once the engine gets to normal temp. it runs great when first starts..will plugs,wires,oil change,fuel filter,pvc valve and distributor help this problem..and maybe an o2 sensor??and i have a crack in my distributor cap so would that make it run funny??
#2. Where is the o2 sensor located??
#3. Where is the lowest priced places to get short shifters and any other bolt on or internal performance mods??

This is my first integra and im not gonna drive it till i get the tune up done..i do like the car and i want it as fast as possible without swapping the engine out..

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
tune up would be best. for the distributor, just get the cap and rotor. im sure the distributor itself is still good.
also, crack open the valve cover and check your timing belt for cracks/wear.

on a 90 integra, i believe the o2 sensor will be in the cat, right before the cat, or on the header.
megan short shifters are pretty good. ive had one on my car since i had it. i recently changed to a skunk2 single bend and the megan was a bit shorter. make sure you get urethane bushings for the shifter as well

sloancanfield

Ok.. Thanks for the advice/info.. I have never had a honda/acura lol..always been more of a chevy or pontiac person..
But i do have to say i hear these little cars can be fast..
Thanks..

sloancanfield

Still cant figure out why my speedometer isnt working..everything else works.. Anyone know??(90-91 integra LS) And how can i tell for sure what year the car is without a title?? Please help..
Thanks

SGGilmo

Still cant figure out why my speedometer isnt working..everything else works.. Anyone know??(90-91 integra LS) And how can i tell for sure what year the car is without a title?? Please help..
Thanks
check and make sure you speedo cable is still attached to the back of the cluster.

go to www.decodthis.com and type in the vin number.