1990 integra ls on boost, losing power when trottle is opened.

ibam

ok so here is my set up

1990 integra ls
stock b18
bolt on turbo kit( 8 lbs)
converted to from obd0 to obd1 ecu ( starts and idle fine and reves fine in neutral)
up graded injectors to 440cc
has stock fuel pump and regulator.
the ecu was tuned online and shipped to me based on my set up, it is set up for the obd1 o2 sensor
however I haven't wired the 02 sensor yet, can this be the cause?

so when I drive it and step in it has little power and probably hits only 3500 rpm, but if I slowly open the trotle it will gradually increase.

can the fuel pressure or pump be the cause?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
the ecu was tuned online and shipped to me based on my set up,
Thats called a basemap, it is NOT tuned. A tuner still needs to clean up the calibration on the street or dyno.

Your problem could be caused by several things.
-AFR is too lean or too rich but you dont have a wideband so you cant verify.
-MAP sensor is not seeing boost or has a check valve inline.
-MAP and TPS connectors reversed.
-Any check engine lights?

The O2 sensor is likely disabled. If it was enabled in the Ecu and you did not have it wired in then you would have a CEL. But its probably disabled bc its worthless anyways.

ibam

So it's the stock map sensor and there is no cheak engine light.

96LSteg

Jemel
My suggestion would be (Muckman correct me if im wrong) you should replace the MAP sensor with a 3.0 Bar map sensor of some sort, get you a wideband Air Fuel Ratio guage, and get that car dyno tuned....

Muckman

Not a M0derator
If hes chipped then he can use the stock MAP sensor. The stock MAP sensor can read pressure to approximately 1.8 bar (11.4 psi). So yes its possible to tune a forced induction Honda with the stock MAP sensor. This is assuming his basemap is not a NA basemap. My money is on the tune (or lack of).

ibam

thanks, it was the tune. got it dyno and achieved 240.55 hp 218.79 torgue, at 8lbs of boost.