1991 Acura Integra High Idle

db1nc

Ok CI, Tensioner went bad on my teg a month ago, and finally when i got time i went ahead and replaced the timing belt, water pump & tensioner.

Got it put back in time and the idles all off......Cranks up and the idle bounces a little bit, but never idles out correctly. When the idle finally sets its in the range of 1200-1600rpm

Before the tensioner issue happened the car was throwing EGR & MAP codes. And now its still throwing those as well but idle isnt working out

Anyone got some ideas what it could be

-DB1NC
Thanks CI

whitesheep

Well i was going to suggest cleaning throttle and changing TBS but now idk.. maybe air got in somewere?

db1nc

Yes im a little lost as well. Before it had an idle problem, and we got that fixed. The same thing that fixed its on there and now its going crazy. Only air somewhere i can think would be in the coolant line somewhere, but not going to affect the idle. And since getting it back together and running. After driving it for a good little bit for it to warm up, once youve stopped its got a strong smell of gas(EGR?) But the EGR wouldnt affect the idle to be high, it would cause it to be severly low. The map doesnt mess up til its super cold outside, when its warmed no issue. Not to sure what this is or what it could be

DB1NC

LittleB10

maybe try cleaning/adjusting the fitv? thats helped my high idle dramatically and release all air in the coolant line through the bleeder that is on the upper rad hose housing? air in the coolant messes mine up a little. also try cleaning the iac that is located on the back of the intake manifold. hope this helps and good luck!

db1nc

Started messing with the FITV today. Had a crack in a hose aswell which got me intrested. Bleeded the coolant system and still idle is off. Bumps from 1000-1500 never settles didnt take the FITV out today it was way to cold and started to get dark but planned to mess with it tomorrow. But i had cleaned the IACV twice now and im sure that its good to go. So mess with the FITV and see if the valve is operating properly

DB1NC

dneversatisfied

Definitely have to figure out what the codes are!.. but here's where I'd start..

Did you bleed the coolant properly when you filled it up? There might be air in the coolant system which will cause it to idle up and down on it's own.

Go to you tube and search EricTheCarGuy. Then find the how to bleed the coolant system and it's the best video to walk you through it! He also has other videos to help try and fix the idle problem. Good luck!