1991 integra axle problem

fodo91ls

Get a loud clicking noise when turning left.
Sounds like it's coming from the driver side front area.
And when it's cold a get a squeaking sound that hits on a certain rotation point and is annoying as hell.

It's getting worse by the day.

Front axle or what?
Want to replace it while I have the money.

mirrorimg

Not to sure if you would be able to rebuild the CV joint, but yes, the axle is going bad and needs to be replaced.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
get some lifetime replacement ones from autozone so if u blow them again u can just exchange them for some rebuilt ones

heykosal

Angkorian
Not to sure if you would be able to rebuild the CV joint, but yes, the axle is going bad and needs to be replaced.
Might as well replace it. You'd have to pull the axle to replace the CV, and it costs about the same.

get some lifetime replacement ones from autozone so if u blow them again u can just exchange them for some rebuilt ones
Exactly. My buddy has a 400hp EG uses Autozone axles. He's broken one so far..replaced no question.

sexystover

looks like you got your answer but ill say it also. just replace the whole axle its cheaper, and i also agree get the autozone lifetime ones and just keep the receipt in the glovebox

fodo91ls

Thanks guys.

It was actually my passenger side axle.
That took the clicking away, which was the bigger problem anyways.
Still getting a squeaking on rotation noise that seems to be coming from my driver side. :(
Only happens when it's cold outside.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I would say its your Wheel Bearing, but I do not know what kind of squeeking sound you are referring to.

Anyway, I didn't want to make a new threads: I replaced my cv axel because of heavy clicking from it, and torn boot. Now it still clicks, but only when I turn at a certain point, and when I'm going slow like 10-20 mph. Any Idea's?