1992 Integra GS would not start

92_JDM

My car all of sudden just wouldnt start anymore. it cranks like crazy but wouldnt turnover. My buddy and I test the battery, starter, sparkplug/wires and the fuel pump and everything is working fine. What can the problem be? It was working every single day and all of sudden yesterday morning it wouldnt start. any idea CI?

LittleB10

mayeb check the timing? could be off just by a tooth or two. also check the icm (?) and igniter inside the dizzy? hope this helps and good luck man!

92_JDM

ill i notice that the teeth on the rotor looks like its going out..can that also cause the problem?

chubs

check youre main relay. and check yure ECU for codes should have a red LED light

92_JDM

my buddy and i also check the timing and realize that it was off, so we are trying to get the time straight.

92_JDM

the ecu, distributor, timing belt, sparkplug and wires, battery, starter, and all the main fuses has been check and yet my car doesnt start up. any more ideas? will much appreciated.

Hacksterbaby

When you turn the ignition switch on (not cranking, just from "off" to the "run" position), the check engine light should come on, AND the fuel pump should spin to prime the injectors, for about three seconds. Then the light goes out and the fuel pump cuts off. Do this (remember, NOT cranking), and listen carefully- can you hear the fuel pump spin up, then cut off? If not, you likely have either a main relay problem, or a fried fuel pump. If it's the relay, you can either pay ~$60 for a new one, or if you know how to use a soldering iron, chances are you can fix it yourself. If it's the fuel pump, you're looking at replacing it (but you said you already checked the pump, but not how you checked it). Or, if you do hear the fuel pump spin up, then it's likely something else. :roll:

Here is a good write-up on why the relay goes bad, and how to fix it.

Good luck...

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
No check engine light?
Check spark
Test the fuel pressure
Check if it has gas

Hacksterbaby

damm on mine my engine light dont come off and mine was working fine too
"...my engine light don't come off..." you mean your CEL stays lit all the time? Have you pulled codes? Have you tried resetting your ECU?

"...mine was working fine too..." What exactly does that mean? What was working fine? Is what *was* working fine, not working fine any more? Your post is a little hard to understand....

92_JDM

No check engine light?
Check spark
Test the fuel pressure
Check if it has gas
Check.
Check.
and
Check.

but thanks for asking.

It doesnt have engine light on..Can it be some kind or air compression leak somewhere inside the engine bay?

Hacksterbaby

Well... You'd have to have a pretty big failure to lose compression enough to keep it from starting all of a sudden. You could have a vacuum leak, but typically that would result in an idle or higher RPM issue, not a sudden total no-start in a car that had been running fine. If you have both fuel and spark, sure seems like it's coming down to a timing issue. May be time to tow it to a shop. Sorry I can't be more help.

Last edited:

92_JDM

the timing was off but was just fixed. i dont have a vaccum leak. could it be bent valve in the head? but I was thinking if it has to do with components inside the motor itself, then i think it is time to swap because i dont want to spend another cent on the motor.