1994 acura integra ls automatic upgrades?

Dextras41

I have a 94 ls auto and its unbearably slow!!! What are some easy cost effective upgrades to make it quicker?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Convert it to a manual or buy one with a stick. The auto trans in these cars are crap anyway.

Noneed2Hate

Auto - manual it :D it's only around $2k after it's all said and done.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you could buy an integra for that much lol.

header intake and exhaust might make it more peppy but for sure a shorter transmission makes a big difference, and unfortunatly there is no clear evidence that there is a difference in the b16 and gsr auto transmissions vs the LS.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
I have a 94 ls auto and its unbearably slow!!! What are some easy cost effective upgrades to make it quicker?
I have an automatic integra and it is impressivly fast. NGK wires and platinum plugs, synthetic motor oil and tranny fluid.
It used to cost me $30 to fill up with 87 octane but now I can ger 93 actane for $20. I throw in a bottle of actane boost and it does make a big difference. Don't listen to the nay sayers who haven't tried it.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
I have an automatic integra and it is impressivly fast. NGK wires and platinum plugs, synthetic motor oil and tranny fluid.
It used to cost me $30 to fill up with 87 octane but now I can ger 93 actane for $20. I throw in a bottle of actane boost and it does make a big difference. Don't listen to the nay sayers who haven't tried it.
Right......

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Right...sure it's fast compared to a geo metro or an auto dx. But in terms of daily driving that auto shit box takes half the fun out of driving. Nothing like waiting on your auto to downshift so you can show that UPS truck who's boss.

SoundEfx

LOL....

Normally I am the first to defend the auto trans, but I can't in this case. The acura auto trans is CRAP and is more sensitive than anything I know.

Even if you have the most powerful engine, the trans will hold you back by either robbing you of the power to the wheels or by exploding.
Shifting down to D3 and feeling that slight kick while watching your rpms climb is fun and you think that your flying/fast, but don't go thinking that you can race a GT-R from a dig any time soon.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
intake headers exhaust...and your done...:) drop it, wheels, and take good care of it...lip kit always nice. Or you can just go with the Zex Wet Kit or Dry Kit.

andytheLSowner

if someone asks such question i believe he must be a newbie here.

i am an auto teg owner too and to be honest, the auto tranny kills around 10% of the engine power already.
the cheapest way to gain power is cat delete. the intake and exhaust do almost nothing except making noises.

i suggest you to go for handling instead of power because any engine mod will just kill the tranny even faster.
maintain your engine regularly is the best thing to do for you right now.

good tires, bigger sway bar, good shocks and springs~ the car is fun to drive already

most of the time speed doesn't matter. what matters is the joy you have driving an integra!!!

Last edited: