1995 Integra starter mods and things to know?

BryceCube

I just bought a 1995 Integra and immediately fell in love. What I know is it's the 4Dr sedan version, 4 speed auto and has 168,000 miles on it. It is the RS, it has been lowered, I have a feeling it may have been rechipped and feels like it just wants to go fast! I also know that it will burn if you punch it from a standstill, I get about 25mpg, it'll snap your neck back if you floor it at almost any speed. Also the car idles a little rough and feels like it wants you to be going at least like 40mph around town and like 80mph on highway(not a problem, just I always look at my speedometer and realize I'm going faster than I thought). The person I bought it from bought it on a lien sale and knew absolutely nothing about the car except it had been lowered. So my main questions are A. How do I know if the car has been re chipped? B. Would a spoiler help suck it down and help it from jumping when it hits small bumps at high speeds? And C. What starter mods would you recomend?

Last edited:

Teggy64

Got vtec?
If you don't have a sunroof then you've got an rs. A spoiler won't do much. You need new suspension if you're talking about a bouncy ride. First mod I would do is get rid of the 4 speed sludge box. If you're not interested in swapping the trans or buying a new integra I'd suggest leaving it stock. The auto trans sucks most of the fun you can have out of the car.

phatintegra

Banned
Don't listen to this guy that telling you auto trans sucks. As long you change out the trans fluid every 40k miles and you don't dog on it. The trans can be reliable. It's your car do what the f*** make you happy.

If you have a data port coming out of your ECU it's then chipped if there is no data port you can open up your ECU and see if it's chipped. rear spoiler won't help on a front wheel drive car maybe air dynamic. You need to swap out your suspension springs and or struts they maybe blown or just cheap that is why it's bouncy.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
This wing might help

:lol: Seriously, it's probably blown shocks or s***ty aftermarket springs. Just change them to a good brand, Koni yellow's and Ground Control sleeves is a nice setup.

On another note... :nopics:

NRTeggy

Don't listen to this guy that telling you auto trans sucks. As long you change out the trans fluid every 40k miles and you don't dog on it. The trans can be reliable. It's your car do what the f*** make you happy.

If you have a data port coming out of your ECU it's then chipped if there is no data port you can open up your ECU and see if it's chipped. rear spoiler won't help on a front wheel drive car maybe air dynamic. You need to swap out your suspension springs and or struts they maybe blown or just cheap that is why it's bouncy.
I agree tho. It does suck about 99% of the fun out of the car.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
The amount of money you want to spend will determine the quality of parts and mods. I do agree with swapping it to a manual and I kinda doubt someone has chipped an auto-tragic teggy. Post pics of the car too!!! If you can buy a car you can buy a camera lol