1996 integra starting problems

igomeep

I'm having issues starting my 1996 integra. Just about everything is stock. After it sitting out for a few hours it takes me about 15-20 minutes to start it. After it starts the idle is rough and when I try to rev it will bog, after maybe 5 minutes or so of rough idling and restarting the car when it shuts off it runs fine.

igomeep

Thanks for the link, I just got to trying to fix it today and it will start with starter fluid and runs perfectly fine, I can shut it off and turn it back on with little to no problem, but if I try to start it cold I need the starter fluid. Could that possibly be the fuel pressure regulator not allowing enough fuel for the engine to start?

Army74D

gtavila_
Happened to me a while ago and after replacing hella shit (fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, main relay, distributor components, etc) and checking for leaks.. It ended up being a small leak from my semi-new head gasket, allowing small amounts of water into two of my cylinders.

Check the easy and cheap (or cost less) shit first and go from there.
I would recommend removing the spark plugs and looking through into the cylinders for water.
And check to see if the distributor cap n rotor are functioning properly.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
If there is a greenish tint to the spark plug insulators, that indicates a coolant leak into the cylinders/bad head gasket. If coolant gets in the oil, it might be bad on the bearings.