1998 Acura Integra LS (Door Locks)

jsshny

hey everyone i'm new to this site. i just have a question. my driver side door won't open from the outside or inside. i can hear the power locks working but it won't open from the outside or inside. the only way i can get in my car is use the key to the passenger door which does open, but not the driver side.

has anyone experience this problem? i live in new york and it's been below zero here. i was wondering if the cold weather had anything to do with this problem?

thanks in advance ;>

Stfulton

Does it make a quick and somewhat loud sound kind of like a locked up drill? This has been happening to my 2000 GSR passenger door when it drops around zero here in Ohio. Then as soon as the temp comes back up above 10-15 or so, no problems

Ganyon

Door lock actuator could be your problem. Get the door open and pull the panel and see whats going on in there.

Murphy

Meat Master
My passenger door lock motor is very weak. The door lock itself sometimes gets stuck and has to be manually opened from the outside with the key. Every time I unlock the doors electronically the passenger door makes rapid whirring and clicking sounds before it opens.

I'm assuming the motor just needs to be replaced, which I'll eventually get around to doing.