1999 Acura Integra GS stalls while driving

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Pull the relay pop off the cover and resolder the contacts. Look me 5 minutes.

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Where is the main relay located?
drivers side footwell, behind the kick panel, if you have an auto it will be above the trans computer, it will be a decent sized box with one large connector plugging into it.

tm_sv

The repair shop found that when the car died, there was no spark generated. So they changed the distributor and the car seemed to work. I am still test driving the car. Will update if that really solve the problem.
Thanks a lot for all the inputs.

master_tech

i would have to disagree on the main relay. i have seen main relays act up when it's warm and or the interior temp is hot causing a no restart condition. i would bet that if the shop replaced the distributor which should include a new coil & ignitor, this should resolve your stalling ~ cutting out issue ..

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
i would have to disagree on the main relay. i have seen main relays act up when it's warm and or the interior temp is hot causing a no restart condition. i would bet that if the shop replaced the distributor which should include a new coil & ignitor, this should resolve your stalling ~ cutting out issue ..
that particular problem is caused by dry joints in the OEM solder joints on the pcb on the relay itself, its a common problem. I actually repaired mine with silver flux solder just recently.

http://techauto.awardspace.com/mainrelay.html

BIGGZ

Well TM_SV?

Did the distributor solve the problem?