1999 integra blowing smoke

paulman65

yeah thats what the mechenis said as wll...7 hours labour...plus 350 for machine shop to machine the head and valves..plus 250 for headgasket parts..etc..plus taxs...he said any extra parts he will add on for me for free if i buy them such as water pump...timing belt..spark plugs and wires...alternator belts etc..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
that's not a bad price.. I had someone tell me the other day that a shop quoted them 1200 to replace a clutch on a 96 camry. It happens. lol

if you can do it yourself, I say go for it, but cam timing isn't something to fuck around with. If you're not mechanically inclined, get a friend who is and I'm sure you 2 could tackle it. Just know that it needs to be in correct time when you put the head back on. Otherwise you fuck shit up. lol

PS. To all that made SOHC comments earlier in this thread, there actually was an integra over in austrailia and I think japan got a couple models of it that was an 100 hp awd sohc integra. :thumbs up

paulman65

theres another shop i got a hold of gave me this quote...200.00 oem head gasket set
400.00 labour for head gasket re and re (7.7 hours book time....cutting a deal because its jan)
180.00 timing belt/tensioner/waterpump/gasket
100.00 labour for timing/waterpump.
350.00 compelete head rebuild - head rebuild they completely rebuild the head hot tank, pressure test, resurface and do a three angle valve job etc.... mill it as well if you want to increase the compression a bit etc.

1250 total plus taxs and shop supplies, fluids etc..

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
that's not a bad price.. I had someone tell me the other day that a shop quoted them 1200 to replace a clutch on a 96 camry. It happens. lol

if you can do it yourself, I say go for it, but cam timing isn't something to fuck around with. If you're not mechanically inclined, get a friend who is and I'm sure you 2 could tackle it. Just know that it needs to be in correct time when you put the head back on. Otherwise you fuck shit up. lol

PS. To all that made SOHC comments earlier in this thread, there actually was an integra over in austrailia and I think japan got a couple models of it that was an 100 hp awd sohc integra. :thumbs up
i want an awd integra! just with a lil more than 100 hp...

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
like kuchtaboy said thats not a bad price. just sucks to do right after getting her.