200,000 miles?

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
my engine runs pretty good considering, but i wanna do some upgrades. im pretty much all stock, but should i look into a new powerplant before spending the $$$?
i'd like to put abother b18c1 in it, but only seen em for like $1000. rebuild? i know a guy that is dependable, but whats the consensuses ? i can fit it in my budget...

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
your motor should be fine with 200,000 miles, thats nothing for a honda

but i would recommend doing a compression and leak down test to see how healthy your motor is

if the results are good, then start modding the fuck out of it, if not than do a rebuild :)

dc2ant

yeah my ls had 359,000 miles before i did my swap and it still ran you will be cool just do synthetic oil and a tune up and a test

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
ill do the compression and leak test. gonna start using synthetic oil next change.

thanks!

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
at 200000 your good when you get the results from the compression and leak down test that will determine if you need to worry about a rebuild. and when you rebuild instead of oem parts up upgraded parts.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
damn:( i wore mine out at 100k

corona88

dont worry man, mine has 175000 and mines fine. Its actually so good that I wont be worried when I turbo it here soon. But like the others said, compression test and leakdown and if both turn out good then you have nothing to worry about.

IN_Honda

i work at the acura dealership out here in Greensboro NC and yesterday we had a 97 teg gsr come in with 315,000 miles on it still running great. and all they came for was a oil change.. it really boosted my love for my teg to know that even at 300k it could still be on the road..

so as long as you always take care of your car it'll run for ever.. just go to your local acura or honda dealership and ask for a multi 4 point inspection and drain and replace fluids.. that should take care of any prob you may have that your not aware of....

lets keep our tegs on the road forever

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
i would definately rebuild it first, hondas last long, but not as long if u mod the shit out of them