2000 Auto GS $4,000?

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Heres a link to explain how vtec works and what it does too
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question229.htm

Also if you do go with a gs be sure to find a manual one and over time build a second motor like a b18c or do a ls/vtec or even b20/vtec

im not sure how old you are but please for the love of god dont go ricing it up with a body kit, massive rev counter with shift light, huge spoiler, clear tail lights an ect.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
So far im at 3,600 so idk if ill ever own a rsx there kinda meh...
you can usually talk people down a bit so if you do find a car for $4k see if you can talk them down to $3.5k, most of the time you can get people to go down a bit

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
im 18 and yeah i dont plan on doing any of that bs i hardly know about cars and im just tryin to learn with something that has alot of interchangable parts. My plans so far are just cold air intake and an exhaust and just little stuff here and there, still tryin to learn what everything is and does so yeah i promise i wont rice it out :)

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Running a CAI is risky, especially living where it rains a lot which can cause hydrolock. Thats why I prefer a SRI, and its cheaper haha

But good luck on your search. Keep us updated!

Sent from my phone

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
im 18 and yeah i dont plan on doing any of that bs i hardly know about cars and im just tryin to learn with something that has alot of interchangable parts. My plans so far are just cold air intake exhaust and just little stuff here and there, still tryin to learn what everything is and does so yeah i promise i wont rice it out :)
Good lol you can always ask users about what theyve done and read up on builds. Theres so many sites and an infinite amount of information on these cars. For me i built my car from the ground up, i bout it as a shell with no motor or transmission and just went from there. But i also had the luxury of having a second car to get around in and stuff. Any time you have a question about how something works or you have a problem and need help finding an answer be sure to first search around. Chances are is been answered over and over and over again

Brett1414

Running a CAI is risky, especially living where it rains a lot which can cause hydrolock. Thats why I prefer a SRI, and its cheaper haha

Sent from my phone
HMMMM! i did not know that :) thanks for telling me

Brett1414

Good lol you can always ask users about what theyve done and read up on builds. Theres so many sites and an infinite amount of information on these cars. For me i built my car from the ground up, i bout it as a shell with no motor or transmission and just went from there. But i also had the luxury of having a second car to get around in and stuff. Any time you have a question about how something works or you have a problem and need help finding an answer be sure to first search around. Chances are is been answered over and over and over again
Wow see thats what i wanna do start from scratch but i dont have $$ like that lol
I'll try to learn as much as possible before i get my first car so i make the right choice.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Wow see thats what i wanna do start from scratch but i dont have $$ like that lol
I'll try to learn as much as possible before i get my first car so i make the right choice.
If you do the work yourself and just be patient you can find great prices on parts and find good deals.

osiris19

Sent from my phone
Not necessarily true. I always thought this as well, but turns out they make these adapter things that go on the tube that block the water out. And SRIs take in all the heat of the engine. You need to use a block off plate for it to do much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TheSkygun

auto vs manual for a teg? id say manual, honda autos (auto in general) are usually a little more temperamental and sensitive. with a manual you could have more gains and able to upgrade the clutch and such for the tranny to handle the upgrades. personal belief anyways. though my auto teg was funish to me

Tree

I'd never buy an auto, but thats just me. Just be patient bro, I've been waiting months for a good deal on a teg to pop up, I live in Hawaii so I have a pretty limited area to buy from, I'm sure something will come up for you, and if this car is going to be your daily driver, I don't see why you would need v-tec, plus you could always do a motor swap later on if you plan on keeping the car for a while.