2000 b16a3?

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
I got a friend selling a 2000 b16a3 for 800 w tranny and I want know if all the plug is exactly?

I'm sorry to ask to many questions...guys

I don't think that there is a 2000 B16a3. The A3 came in the Del Sol Vtec model that was discontinued in the states in 97. If might be a B16a2. That motor came in the Civic Si in 2000. You need to find out as the 97 will be OBD2a and the 2000 will be OBD2b.
If it's a 2000 it will be strait bolt in for you other than wiring up Vtec and mating a proper ECU to the vehicle. A jumper harness will be your easiest option for both both of those issues.

how I know it's OBD2B
That applies more to your car and the ECU. If you don't get a 99-00 Civic Si ECU to operate that motor(and wire up Vtec) you'll need to order a jumper harness and get a socketed and chipped ECU. You would order an OBD2b to OBD1 harness to run something like a p28 or you could go with a p30 or p72 as well.

Galactica

Just look at the engine code etched on the block. If it says B16A3 then it's OBD2A, if it says B16A2 then it's OBD2B

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
ok guys I go see the motor and the block number is b16a3 what modification I have to do to put on my 2000 ls

Visionnaire

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest putting a b16 into a 3rd gen teg.

I'm pretty sure the a3 is obd1 so you're gonna need the whole engine harness along with a compatible ecu.