$2000 Daily Project

Powerbite

Alright, before getting to the car iv been stalking this forum for about 8 months now, just by reading the comments its seems like the best Honda/Integra forum right now.
Anyways, I never really bothered to post anything but with the semi-completion of my car I decided it was time to make myself know. Im James, 17, currently going to college and working part time at a pizza house. This does earn me much money but what I do have I generally spend on fuel, rego ect.

So the story of my car goes like this, iv always loved Japanese coupes, my dad has owned R100-RX2-RX3-RX7's his whole life and the rotary bug kind of bit me growing up. I dont have the income to support running a rotary down here everyday.

So one day dad brought this Integra from the auctions with the whole rear end kinked the wheels had a lot of degrees worth of positive camber from the crash. Once he had fixed this I was 4 months away from turning 16 and I needed a car, originally I wanted an AE86 but they had already been bought up by all the local drifters or bogans. Long story short I asked if I could have it due to loving the shape and then got it registered and it was my 16th birthday present.

One of the Stock 14 inch Honda wheels was hell bent, so I got some cheap 15 wheels and tyres to get me by

I just planned to use this as a daily when I got my license, but that never happens does it? The car was still riddled with dents, especially this huge one in the body above the rear bumper/taillight.

I bought another Integra that was crashed hard in the front, but had done no damage to the rest of the car, ran the 17 inch wheels of it for a while but they were just to f*cking big. From that wreck I salvaged the engine and box with 120000kms on it for when mine cooks it, exhaust, and the 98+ interior for mine. I sold the wheels, boot lid, springs and the clear taillights from it and made my money back from the car

So all that was about Aug 2010, fast forward to just before Christmas 2011, I had some money saved and I couldnt take it anymore, the car had to be different, I wanted to build it as a daily driver but something I can still look different from a stock one. Luckily Dad let me use his workshop and tools plus gave me some advice ;] First I needed to fix that huge dent, that looks like a lot of bog but trust me the guard was bashed out as best as possible :p

I wasnt interested in performance mods because im not trying to race anyone, so I looked at the car for suttle things I could do. Decided on shaving the rear spoiler, badges/stickers and side moulds first.

Welding the doors was a b*tch, the metal kept warping and changing shape, but it got done in the end.

Just the drawing board of what needs to be done

All the dents fixed and the paint rubbed for undercoat

Dalmatian car (This is to mark where I need to rub too, eg; when all the blacks gone it should be good)

Doors/bonnet in primer and rubbed

The from bumper was f*cked, but I had to make do with what I had. Decided that id shave the badge, fix the bends/holes in it and then decided to shave the number plate moulds aswell. I was considering filling in the Integra wording but decided against it. PS; plastic bog is the worst smelling thing to sand

With the number plate mould shaved I needed a new place to mount the number plate, cut a slit in the bottom on the bumper to make it sit nice and low

About this time something arrived in the mail, a set of 15x8 25+ offset Axis OG SAN wheels

Rubbed down, finally ready for paint

Finally, all painted up. I was considering going for a real dark green but I went with the original colour because I cannot stand cars with different coloured engine bays or different inside the doors. I think it looks cheap but thats just IMO.

First day it was back together and test fitting the tyres on the wheels. Wheels where a bit too wide but a drop was coming

Here it is, all done. I have no real other plans for the car as of yet except for a lip spoiler, but things will change im sure.

Total cost $1970
Wheels; 850
Paint and materials; 1000
Wheel alignment +tyre fittings; 120

Mod list;
Paint
Shaved Side Moulds
Shave all badges and Stickers
Shaved rear spoiler holes
Shaved numberplate holes
Axis OG San 15x8 +25 offset
98+ interior
Home made shift knob
Cut springs
Rear wiper delete

Hope you enjoy'd the read, better HQ photos hopefully by the end of the week!

Kyle

What is Rega? And who are bogans? Needs to be dropped to make those wheels really pop. Throw some springs or coilovers on it and it will look a million times better. Are you using a translating program? Or I should ask, is English your first language? A little hard for me to read. I like it.:D

Mogo

Its nice to see somebody my age doing s*** themselves and restoring a teggy to its original glory. Keep up the good work man, i look forward to seeing more of this car!

BugJuice

looks good but whatever you do DON'T CUT THE SPRINGS! i see that as something in your mod list.

Powerbite

looks good but whatever you do DON'T CUT THE SPRINGS! i see that as something in your mod list.
Springs are capped at the stop/leveled out with gas, also added custom bump stops and got the toe issues fixed with the wheel alignment so there is nothing wrong with the springs or the way it rides :p

What is Rega? And who are bogans? Needs to be dropped to make those wheels really pop. Throw some springs or coilovers on it and it will look a million times better. Are you using a translating program? Or I should ask, is English your first language? A little hard for me to read. I like it.:D
English is my first language, im Australian aha and 'bogan' is a term for people who drink all day, then go get into fights, live off wealthfare ect ect

needs low
Need more $$$ first, just had to pay for College fees :(

Last edited:

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Yay...more Aussies on this site. :thumbs up: Your Integra is lookin' good! I can't wait to see rest of your upcoming pics.