2000 GSR audio build

heydude348

So the plan is to install 2 JL 10W7. Wanting to do something outside the square box.Maybe some fiberglass have the subs fire at say a 35-45 degree up and in towards the front. Any ideas? Pics, vids would also be great as far the fiberglass work.

99tegjawn

Have them face each other directly IMO. Just make sure whatever you decide to put them in has the correct cubic feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat92240

Did something like this at my first shop about 8 years ago in an RSX so its a little dated. As you can tell by the old school clarion source commanders on the sides and the old school slash amps:

Did this again about 3 years ago in an Explorer. Saved a lot of time by building a square box and then just bolting a glassed piece in between them ot add some depth and shape. Also the baskets on the w7's are bad ass...especially if you're getting the current 10 anniversary edition ones.

And heres another inverted one in an Audi. 3 10w6v2s that we had the baskets chromed on. Again really dated as you can tell by the old (but bad ass) rockford punch amps.

Hope that gives you some ideas. Got a lot more in my photos too if you want some more.

99TegLs

wow that's way too much weight and sound for my car! I had 2 12" punch p2's with a cheapo pioneer 1000w 2 channel and it was too loud. Now I run 6.5" subs in the rear speaker ports with a crossover and a 200w monostat amp. not super deep bass but it's low key and light!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
It's too loud when your rearview mirror unscrews it'self from your car and your antenna falls out. I definately am not speaking from experience though! I would never have it that loud
Psh, I've heard louder ;)

99TegLs

me too. saw a humvee hollowed out full of sound equiptment. I had earplugs in and i still got a headache. It started vibrating my hair. Felt like an earthquake of the air.

99tegjawn

My friends blazer can shake a storefront window from 15 ft away....the trucks name is flex issues lolololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Heydude, are you looking to build a sort of show car with a design like that? Or would you still like to have your trunk be functional?
- Aaron