2000 Integra -> JDM Front end Conversion?

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
So a cop pulled me over tonight and gave me shit about the blue side marker lights.. I didn't get a ticket, but it really pissed me off considering I've driven by numerous cops before and never had any trouble about that.

Anyways, I've always been thinking about doing a JDM front end conversion, it just never really popped into my head until tonight after this whole incident. Anyone know of any places/websites/whatever that sell the JDM conversion kits? Links or anything would be really helpful.. or just any suggestions on what to do about this all. I'm not too fond of the amber parking light unit on a silver car, but if I can't figure out anything else to do, I guess I'm going back to that.

Still pretty rattled about the whole situation.

mirrorimg

So an officer gave you a hard time on an illegal turn signal light (Im pretty sure they all need to flash amber), and a JDM front end conversion pops into your head? Im sort of confused...

But if you are looking for parts, you can get the setup from passwordJDM.com, jspecauto in richmond, or possibly on another forum.

Keep in mind that you may have difficulty getting your car inspected, depending on how spot on the inspector is. The headlights do not have DOT on them, which is an automatic inspection failure.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
I'm a bit short-tempered, so when I drive around for like 4 months with the blue side markers in and don't get bothered, not to mention the insane amount of other cars I've seen with the blue side markers in as well, and now I get shit for it, I get kind of pissed.

The JDM conversion is just something I've thought of doing for a while now, and I was thinking of what to do about the lights as well, so the conversion just kind of popped in.

Just to clear it up, the blue lights weren't my turn signal lights.. they're the side markers.. my turn signals are white. I always just thought that you couldn't have the blue lights as your actual turn signal lights.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i got my front end from Japan Star out of Albany, New York. good group of guys over there. ordered it on a friday, got it the following friday.

as for the side markers, blue is illegal. you might get away with having a white bulb but i wouldn't take the chance and just get amber bulbs.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
I'm quite tempted to do it.. not too sure :(
It's a pretty expensive fix for blue side markers though, now that I seriously think about it.
Back to amber parking lights? I really wish my teg was white.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
I'm quite tempted to do it.. not too sure :(
It's a pretty expensive fix for blue side markers though, now that I seriously think about it.
Back to amber parking lights? I really wish my teg was white.
would is it expensive? just change the bulbs. or even if your side marker lenses are blue, buy some other ones on ebay or OEM ones for like 30bucks and swap it over.

4drs=morewhores

Master-D-B-ate
Im pretty sure any blue lights are illegal since blue lights are only for police vehicles

and just because you got away with illegal lights for 4 months doesnt make a difference. You were bound to get popped for them and now you did. It all depends on the cop. Amber on silver doesnt look thay bad. You think thats expensive to swap them but ur willing to do the jdm conversion haha u got money why dont u paint ur car white

speedin

The Transporter
FYI if you have blue lights anywhere on the exterior a cop will give you shit for it, its illegal. Even blue under-glows are illegal. Just get rid of the blue bulbs.