2000 Integra LS AUTOMATIC

vance946

J Vance
Hey there...I recently bought a 2000 silver Automatic Transmission LS motor Integra. I even more recently joined this site, in hopes for informative knowledge since this is my first Integra owned. I would like to in the near future enhance my car in looks and in power. I was wondering what your guys opinions would be on swapping out the LS motor for a GSR or Type R motor and a manual Tranny since Automatic doesn't do it justice. I want to make this car a nice Integra, that will last me for a quite a while. Any opinions on what I could do, or even what you would do if you were in my situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eracerugone

Well if u don't like an auto then u need to do the whole conversion from auto to 5spd and if ur gonna keep the ls motor then I probably would say gsr tranny because there's really not alot of point to get a type r tranny for a ls

White_Rabbit

I was in your situation just a few months ago. I decided a fully built and boosted GSR with a 5-speed swap was more my type :)

vance946

J Vance
Thanks for the responses. Just wondering how much was that GSR swap you did??

White_Rabbit

I bought the motor, then I bought all my swap parts for the 5-speed seperate. Its not cheap. Cost me a couple grand for the GSR and 5-speed swap. You can see my build thread just a few post down. "Rabbits 01 DC4 Build"

vance946

J Vance
I reviewed you thread. You must be a really gifted mechanic to be doing such a hard swap yourself lol. I am unfortunately the opposite, at least for right now. So I would be having a shop do the engine and manual GSR swap if I can find a good swap package. Or would you in your opinion have me get the engine and then the other pieces separately??

White_Rabbit

Well, im a mechanic for a living, lol thats what pays the bills. At least its suppose to. I can get you the tranny swap with every nut and bolt etc.. on a small crate wrapped up just like I had mine in the pictures. Only problem is shipping is a little pricey. If you can find it at a junk yard thats your best bet. Or a donor car someone is parting.

vance946

J Vance
ok well lemme know where you got yours from that way if I am out of luck at the local shops or yard, I at least will have a place to go to for the swap. Thanks a lot for all the help by the way, its greatly appreciated. I want to do this Integra the right way.

White_Rabbit

I have connections here. I get parts pulled off high end junk yards before they make it out to the lot, lol. Not a problem. If you have anything else or need help finding parts lets me know I can help you out there to. Rabbit@TopEndUSA.com have a line card with a lot of companies I can get you just about anything you need for your integra. If I can't get it for you I can find someone who can.

vance946

J Vance
yea i would love to just trade it in for a GSR. None in my area though. So I am going to slowly make my way to getting the GSR tranny to convert the car to manual. Then finish saving for the swap engine.

AwesomeSN

Think of it this way...if you do the swap, you'll be paying LS premium, but god forbid something happens to it, ins. won't recognize it as a GS-R.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
why don't you just get the whole jdm type r motor and tranny? then do the conversion to manual if you want it to be reliable, but if you want something for fun, just swap to manual and boost the LS, less $$ than the other way.

vance946

J Vance
that isn't a bad idea. Just changing it to manual and keeping the LS motor and enhancing it like you said. Should I use a GSR tranny or just get one from an LS??