2000 LS running poorly. Hesitates and Pulses while driving.

DREADY

Heyyo!
I've had this problem for a couple of weeks now. While driving at cruising speed the car will start pulsing. The best way I can describe it is. Ruuuuuuuuns...loses power..ruuuuuuuns. Loses power. Just like that pulses in between running. It seems to worsen while going up hill. But if I accelerate the problem goes away.

Any ideas.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Does your car idle high? when the car is in neutral and you build up some revs past 2000 rpm do the rpms drop sharply and then back up as you keep your foot on the gas? Sounds like the TPS to me, i had a similar issue when i would be driving it would sputter and stuff but when on a heavy load it be fine and when i would be in neutral or even in gear once id get to 2000 rpm it would just drop sharply and then back up over and over.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
First disconnect the battery then unplug the tps and the one on top of the throttle body and leave it for 30mins or so then connect the plugs and then the battery and then turn the car on but dont actually start it for a few moments and then fire it up and see what happens.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
I'll do that. Might just replace the TPS. Regardless. $28.
yeah true but it could also be the plug itself, thats what it was for me, i went to a junk yard and got a new plug and then just did the wires up and did what i just told you and it worked. First see what all that does though