2000 LS turbo kit. what else do i need?

royce619

I own a 2000 LS. Okay so I bought a "AiResearch" Turbo kit off of my friend. I looked into it, and AiResearch is like a subdivision of Garret, so I'm pretty happy about that. The turbo is a .63 M11 Turbo. I plan on boosting it to 10psi. It came with everything except for the downpipe and the oil/coolant lines. Also, I know for my power goals right now, I need 370cc fuel injectors. I know I need an engine management system, to tune my car. So I'm wondering what are my CHEAPEST options to tune my car(I would prefer being able to do it from a USB connection, since I have a laptop)? and possibly stay OBD2 for now.

I am running stock internals and basic bolt-ons: I/H/E, and my compression numbers are 195,190,190,195.

Also, I've been looking into 370cc injectors, would $320 be too much? I feel like that is too much..

Although, my main question is, what else would I absolutely need to run this turbo kit on stock internals?

Also, I paid $400 for this, did I get ripped off?

dopematic

I got my used dsm 450cc injectors from eBay for about $120 shipped. It has worked fine for me so don't know if you want to go that route or not. But you would need to convert your injectors clips pigtails to obd1 which you can find at your local pick n pull off of any obd1 Honda (92-95).

Also, I am using a Chrome socketed obd1 p28 ecu with a basemap that was dynotuned from a local tuner. You can get a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness off eBay as well for like $30. Likewise, it works fine for me as well. Although you mentioned that you wanted something that can be plugged into your laptop, I'm assuming you want a better engine management unit so I would go with hondata s300.

How many miles is on your motor? Your compression is very good. I'm assuming your engine has its major maintenance done. I would upgrade to arp headstuds. Any little gaskets here and there should be replaced. Other than that, your motor should be fine with boosting 10lbs.

Goodluck!

Last edited:

royce619

Ohhh you bought them used on there? Ill look on there. Thanks!

What would be a good price for the s300 ? 0.o

I have 171,000 miles, but im planning on a fully built motor within the next two years .
Thanks again.

royce619

Well forget about staying OBD2, ill just buy a jumper harness

Beat92240

Can we get a picture maybe of everything you got with the kit from your friend? That may make it easier.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
There are threads like this every day. Search the site and you will find the answers.
I wouldn't go with anything other than hondata s300 for a ems. But you will need a good tuner to tune your car as well, you have no chance in hell tuning it yourself and expecting it to last a month.