2001 Integra GS, New car/Slow build thread

CF_Smith

Integra Noob
Just bought myself a 2001 Acura Integra GS :) I am making this thread to display the build and hope that people will answer any questions that pop up.

Current issues:
-Power locks/alarm don't work due to fob being broken cant use keys to unlock car, so I am stuck not locking it until I buy a new 160 dollar viper fob :thumbdown
-Hood, wont close without mechanic persuasion (getting fixed soon, possibly this Monday))
-Hood emblem is upside down -> How do you fix that? :???:

Current Mods:
-Hondata chip
-Exhaust headers
-Wider throttle
-Clear front turn signals
-Clear rear lights
-Carbon fibre emblems
-JVC radio
-Shift knob

These pictures are a little crappy, sorry, better ones to come. :headbang:

My old '97 RS DIRTY:

My new '01 GS :) Still dirty but its winter, and the roads are sanded here :thumbdown

Last edited:

ericw.

how do you like driving the acura in the snow? i went from a rock crawler 4runner to my acura and just felt the car was not heavy enough to get good enough traction in snow... but then again i was going from mud terrains to street tires.

CF_Smith

Integra Noob
how do you like driving the acura in the snow? i went from a rock crawler 4runner to my acura and just felt the car was not heavy enough to get good enough traction in snow... but then again i was going from mud terrains to street tires.
HOLY SHIT MAN! I went from driving my dad's Jeep Wrangler and my mother's 4x4 truck to the Acura! It was a little to get used to, the car is so light and low to the ground it gets hung up big time! we didnt plow our driveway at all this winter and I had to get winched in and out of the driveway a few times :lol: but good year nordic tires made a world of difference! :thumbs up

THANKS! :D

ericw.

HOLY SHIT MAN! I went from driving my dad's Jeep Wrangler and my mother's 4x4 truck to the Acura! It was a little to get used to, the car is so light and low to the ground it gets hung up big time! we didnt plow our driveway at all this winter and I had to get winched in and out of the driveway a few times :lol: but good year nordic tires made a world of difference! :thumbs up

THANKS! :D
haha, yeah my teg got hung up crossing like 12" of snow in the center divider up at lake tahoe. had to be winched out and i felt a little embarrassed.. but that's just the 4runner owner in me still.

CF_Smith

Integra Noob
Lose the tails ASAP!!! Other then that looks good.
Lol I kind of like them :oops:

haha, yeah my teg got hung up crossing like 12" of snow in the center divider up at lake tahoe. had to be winched out and i felt a little embarrassed.. but that's just the 4runner owner in me still.
yeah, I found the worst is how little the ruts need to be in the snow to pull that car around! lol

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
what if I told you it scrapes on the pavement without lowering it
I'd tell you you need to learn how to drive.

I'm not one of the kids from SoCal/Florida/etc.

I live in WI. I know what bad roads are like. I have a steep driveway. I drive my car in the snow.

And with all of those factors I can still drive easily at this height:

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
what if I told you it scrapes on the pavement without lowering it
I would say you're full of shit.

I can still drive perfectly in the snow, all I do is swap my rims out for the stock ones.. 16s on 40 series tires --> 14s on 60 series. Mudzillas rub and I still don't scrape a whole lot. If you've ever been to Niagara Falls you'd know how shitty the roads are there as well, stupid steep inclines on driveways/parking lot entrances/everything. I scrape my mud guards every now and then on speed bumps, but other than that it's rare that I scrape.

either way, nice car (minus led tail lights or whatever they are).. Lower it anyways!

CF_Smith

Integra Noob
I'd tell you you need to learn how to drive.

I'm not one of the kids from SoCal/Florida/etc.

I live in WI. I know what bad roads are like. I have a steep driveway. I drive my car in the snow.

And with all of those factors I can still drive easily at this height:
I'm not a big fan of the cars slammed, it looks rather stupid to me, IMO.

he thinks that he's fat and furious. look at his avatar.
LOL

I would say you're full of shit.

I can still drive perfectly in the snow, all I do is swap my rims out for the stock ones.. 16s on 40 series tires --> 14s on 60 series. Mudzillas rub and I still don't scrape a whole lot. If you've ever been to Niagara Falls you'd know how shitty the roads are there as well, stupid steep inclines on driveways/parking lot entrances/everything. I scrape my mud guards every now and then on speed bumps, but other than that it's rare that I scrape.

either way, nice car (minus led tail lights or whatever they are).. Lower it anyways!
The tail lights came with the car, I dont hate them so much I am going to put effort in changing them out yet, why does everyone hate them so much? lol