2001 Integra GS-R Engine Mods

I<3MyIntegra

I understand that there have already been threads made similar to this; however, the questions I have are more specific to my personal interests so here goes: I have an almost stock 2001 ITR GS-R with the JDM front end conversion. The only non-stock parts are the intake, suspension, and a B&M Short-Shifter. I want to mod the engine to be moderately gas-effective while maintaining a relatively high horse power. I plan on replacing the aftermarket intake with an AEM v2; however, i'm rather perplexed on where to follow up on the build. All suggestions are appreciated.

I<3MyIntegra

Also, I believe the original owner had a custom intake manifold put in.

P.S. Anyone know where I can get an 01 GS-R service/maintenance manual?

Last edited:

Teggy64

Got vtec?
i wouldln't exactly call these specific questions, there's thousands of threads just like yours. Start with a decent header and a catback exhaust. You need to also figure out your power goals and budget before taking on an engine build. There's many people on here with a gsr or gsr swap who have build threads. Check a few out.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Ya but i like his approach to it a bit better. Seeing as he has a GSR, i'll play. The manifold they put on is probably a itr clone, basically a single stage manifold. If its not been tuned your car is probably slower than a stock gsr. Maybe post a picture though seeing as you own the car, you might as well know what you have. We can go on and on about power you can make and the bottom line is what you can afford to do, not what you want to do. Given that you havent expressed a desire to reach 200 + whp for cheap or with basic bolt ons I'll assume you want to keep it real, simple and cost efficient.

The simplest and least amount of gain for you would be to have a intake of your choosing, header w 2.5" collector, upgraded piping from the header back (2.25-2.5" is fine) and the cat either deleted or high flow in correct size. Up to you and your smog necessities. If you dont want to deal with smog because you will likely throw a code on your obd2 system then keep your current exhaust. Youre not gonna gain much without upgrading diameter. The most ideal suggestion if you want least expensive bump in power is to drop in the itr/ctr intake cam. This will go well with your manifold.