2009 Ride of the Year Awards

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
This has been explained a million times. Most people prefer the 98-01 body style so they will vote for a car that has it. The category is to be based on a 94-97 style, we don't want people voting for a 94-97 when it's visually not even a 94-97 any more. This is regulated this way so people vote for 94-97 cars based on their merit, not based on the fact that it looks like the preferred 98-01

It is and will continue to be based on front end styling to level the playing field properly

That is why it is a 94-97 STYLE

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
This has been explained a million times. Most people prefer the 98-01 body style so they will vote for a car that has it. The category is to be based on a 94-97 style, we don't want people voting for a 94-97 when it's visually not even a 94-97 any more. It is and will continue to be based on front end styling to level the playing field properly

That is why it is a 94-97 STYLE
Alrighty. So what about the guys with JDM front ends? Like those who have the '96 Spec or '98 Spec ITR fronts. Or can they not run in those categories?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Late model JDM front cars goes into the JDM category.

Early round eye JDM cars may enter the 94-97 Style category since the front bumper and headlights are the same, making them almost identical to the 94-97 style

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA

Early round eye JDM cars may enter the 94-97 Style category since the front bumper and headlights are the same, making them almost identical to the 94-97 style
Got it. :thumbs up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Really, we decided just to do it based off of front end to keep comparisons and voting apples to apples. When a 98-01 styled car wins the 94-97 category and a JDM front car wins the 98-01 it's like....WTF!

rockadilla

thats right.
Kinda late but I agree when I think It'd be cool if the rotm winner could get on the banner for the next month, if its not a major pain in the ass for admin that is, just my :twocents: I think itd kinda be a nice change every month :thumbs up

rockadilla

thats right.
Really, we decided just to do it based off of front end to keep comparisons and voting apples to apples. When a 98-01 styled car wins the 94-97 category and a JDM front car wins the 98-01 it's like....WTF!
X2394634185
Ps. 94-97 front FTMFW!!!! :p

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I agree this is the best way to do it

speedin

The Transporter

Beat me to it. But yea, we even voted on this last year and people preferred to go off style not chassis year