200whp?

donpierce19

i want to get my 94 LS to 200whp. now, i wouldnt mind using a turbo whatsoever, and i think i might go with the ebay turbo kit. i know its bad quality blah blah blah but the actual turbo is TEMPORARY i will eventually proceed to a name brand turbo. i dont want to piece together a kit, i want to buy the ebay kit and have it tuned properly, play with it for a little while, the upgrade the turbo. please dont convice me to do otherwise, because its just how i want to do it. so, how hard would it be to get 200whp from an ebay turbo kit with a decent tune? i dont want much more than 200whp, thats what the better turbo will be for. what kind of numbers can i expect to get with what i have explained?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You can make 200hp with literally ANY T25 or larger turbo on the market (read: 99.9% of all turbos).

Notice I didn't try to persuade you against the ebay turbo kit.
:naughty:

Nick_C78

Buy the ebay kit and swap out the turbo for a stock 90's DSM eclipse turbo. Done and done. OEM quality turbo and will get the job done. You could probably sell the ebay turbo for more than you will pay for the eclipse turbo.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
And have the ebay manifold rewelded and braced so it doesnt crack and fall apart. And replace the silicone couplers that split at the slightest pressure or heat. And upgrade the worm clamps that are complete dog sh!t. And have fun cutting and fabricating the poorly fitting intercooler piping. Dont mind the no name or knock off wastegate and blow off valve. Oh wait, I said I wasn't going to do this. Sorry!

Nick_C78

It is all about that OEM eclipse side mount intercooler for complete stealth mode. I was gonna do that for shiggles a while back.

But yeah OP, the ebay kit will fall a part little by little, but I think you expect it.

donpierce19

Thank u all! Everyone completely understood me and I got the answers I was looking for. For those who mentioned the eclipse turbo, shall I keep that for awhile before I upgrade to a better turbo? Or should I stick with the eBay turbo and upgrade to the eclipse turbo, and upgrade again? All of the input is 110% appreciated!!

Nick_C78

I wouldn't use the Ebay turbo. I would sell it to some other chump while it is unused. "Brand New" looks better for a selling ad, ya know? A stock eclipse turbo will last you a long time. I wouldn't get a larger turbo without upgrading your engine internals.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The 14B from the Eclipse is a little small. It would spool instantly but I think you will find it lacking in power. But for 200hp its great AND CHEAP.

The larger Mitsu TDH05-16G is a fantastic turbo. The largest version found in the Evo9 can make up to 375hp. Its spools very fast, its a true twin scroll (not just divided inlet) and OEM quality. You can get them for a reasonable price used. Because they are so popular they are becoming hard to find used. There are a lot of fakes (ebay knock offs) and a few companies are making new replicas. The only downside is its a non standard turbine flange (not a T25/28 or T3) so you will have to buy an adapter or make a custom manifold for it.

donpierce19

Yes I will be upgrading my internals eventually, when I want to get more power. Supporting mods ya know? My eventual goal is 300whp, on the same LS motor, with better internals, eagle rods, sleeves, and whatever else is necessary to support a Garrett and 300whp. Other name brands are okay, but I seem to hear Garrett a lot.

donpierce19

Yes I will be upgrading my internals eventually, when I want to get more power. Supporting mods ya know? My eventual goal is 300whp, on the same LS motor, with better internals, eagle rods, sleeves, and whatever else is necessary to support a Garrett and 300whp. Other name brands are okay, but I seem to hear Garrett a lot.

donpierce19

seriously?????? stock internals? u think itll be ok with 300whp stock? i dont mean to sound all excited lol, i just didnt know that was possible....lets put it this way, how much whp can i safely make?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Depends on how good the tune is.

I like how no one had mentioned that if he uses a DSM turbo of any sort he is either going to need an adapter of some sort. The EVO8-9 16gs are cheap because you have to have a custom flange made to run them as they done have a typical DSM turbine housing

If you can get someone to mate it to a manifold then you are in good shape.