2011 PNW Honda-Tech Meet Picture Thread

michaelz

LOL what is this? the toretto team?
That white R32 is riding on ROTAs not TE37s. Fail.

Also did anyone get a good look at this engine? Looks like a great build but why does he have 2 wastegates? I'm struggling to see how the second turbo would go in there.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
I thought those Civics looked sick. I did mention something about it being like the fast and the furious, and I heard someone else say it too. They're definitely clean though.
I would have had a lot more pictures but the damn battery in my camera was dead. -_-

There were some really terrible sounding exhausts in the mix. My exhaust is stock, without the cat. (bought it like that.) and it wasn't near as noisy as some of the others. I swear to god it sounded like they were shaking rice around. -_-

There were some pretty cool people there. One attempted car theft, but as you can see in one of my pictures, a whole mob was on that thing real fast.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
it is KINDAAA gay that they all match, i'd almost put money on them having green underbody.

Prozon

Kris
I feel like they might be owned by a company or the same person or something.
Identical down to the brakes and mufflers man. Who would want their car to look exactly like their buddies?
License plates were only like two numbers off too, assuming they were registered at the same time too.

I might throw it out there that this wasn't really a "Honda-Tech" meet, it just started off there. Like 150 people from Honda Tech said they would show up. Like 800+ people on Facebook said they would show up. A lot of people there have probably never heard of the internet lol. I was talking to this biker guy who's 50 or so, I guess his son was there. Haha.

Met some cool people though. Free NOS energy drinks. The hot chicks distributing the drinks kept giving me shit for drinking a Monster energy drink lol. The guys from SpeedFactory were there too, they had some really well built cars there. I heard talk of one of the Civics being 850whp or so. It looked pretty amazing.

But no drag strip and no dyno from SpeedFactory, the rain kind of put a damper on things.
I guess there was street racing going on afterwards, but I didn't feel the need to stick around for that.

00DC2TW

LOL what is this? the toretto team?

That white R32 is riding on ROTAs not TE37s. Fail.

Also did anyone get a good look at this engine? Looks like a great build but why does he have 2 wastegates? I'm struggling to see how the second turbo would go in there.

Having two waste-gates with one turbo is more common than you think... You don't have to have two turbo's to run two wg's, it can be beneficial on high horsepower builds with twin scroll turbo's, and divided manifolds

Prozon

Kris
You must not have walked around then! I was parked in the same spot from like 9am-1 or 2pm.

If you just kept going straight after you got through the gates, I was parked by the back fence in the grass. After the car theft crap went down and a lot of people left, my car was the only one parked there, so I moved it up like 20 minutes after that. I was parked next to a primered S10 truck after that. (Still like 30 feet from my original position.)

Not to mention I had my subs bumpin' when I left. :p

My car is a huge pile of crap. I didn't even get it cleaned up lol. I was planning to clean my wheels and stuff but I got sidetracked, and the night before I sprayed my exhaust manifold with some paint WITH IT ON THE CAR, and didn't realize I sprayed pretty much half my bay with it lol. The black crossmember is also silver lol.

Norm saw my bay, and when I popped it I was like.. holy crap that's pretty bad. I wish I didn't open my hood.
I need that new shell so I can clean my motor up again and put it all in something nice.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i can honestly say not one car there was modded with taste.

100% dook status at that event. very disappointed for that being a honda-tech meet

Prozon

Kris
Like I mentioned, I guess it started off on Honda-Tech, but a lot of the people there knew about it from friends or Facebook. It was just kind of referred to as "The Honda Meet."

There were a lot of clean cars, a lot of OEM ones. Some of the pictures I took was just kind of like "Wtf is that rice shit?" Trust me, there were a ton of OEM cars, turbo builds, all sorts of stuff.

My camera died really early into the meet, so I missed a lot of the nice cars.
(Not to mention my buddy wanted to keep walking and kept getting annoyed I was stopping for pictures lol.)

I was assuming some of the other members that went there would post pictures, but it seems only Norm had any..

stormnorman

for real lol. did you call the guy about the shell i told you about? oh and pissed cuz i just realized i have to go to the municipal court... in kent! bastard cop.

Prozon

Kris
Haha, weak. I have to go to court in Tacoma about my effed up registration. I hope it gets dropped before court, my Dad said it might if I mailed in the letter the DMV gave me.

Still need to go take care of that speeding ticket though. Stupid.. I wonder if I should try to get it reduced or something? It's only $175 so it's not really an issue lol.

Edit:
Oh and no, i'm going to put the shell search on hold for a little bit. I need to pay some bills lol.

Last edited: