220hp all motor GSR "?"

95teg

ok so i have a GSR, im looking to rebuild this engine and i cant make up my mind.. i have decided to go All-Motor, what do you guy suggest i do to get a 220hp all motor car.. but heres the twist i want to run NOS.. so there for after NOS a near 300 hp car.. think about that and let me know.. i know all motor u want high comp. but NOS, u want lower? this is where i run into being confused on WTF to do.. ive seen NOS all motor cars all over the place..

Baldy201

first select the cams that you what. Then that will determine what compression you will need. As for the NOS the compression doesnt really matter. As long as you got the correct A/F ratio you should be fine. You most definatly need to get beefier rods to handle NOS. Eagle rods that i have seen can handle up to a 100 shot of NOS so you will be good with those. Check out summit racing, that is where I saw the rods at.

95teg

heh ur very true DC2, woop!.. u know what i ment tho.. ill go check out summit over the week (spring break) and its only like 15 min. away from home.. what pictons do u think would be good? also what head gasket?

Chuckie Finster

Arias are some of my personal favorites. Get 'em in 4032 flavor over 2618 in the interest of long term durability. The Eagles are good and should easily be able to take most the beatings you throw at them. If you're gonna run a hi-comp with nitrous setup, you'll want to run the ignition timing a little less aggressive (i.e. retard the timing) than you would otherwise run off the bottle. Of course then you'll need two separate fuel/spark maps for off and on the bottle for good driving characteristics around town. A cheap (relatively) and quick way to do it is to use a boost ignition retarding device such as the MSD BTM to retard the timing on the fly for you when on the bottle instead of having to swap fuel/ign maps.

Sounds like a project for you. Keep us updated. :)

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i would suggest something that can tune nitrous if you want to use it. such as AEM EMS, Neptune, Hondata. neptune is the cheapest with the best bang for the buck, the downside is that you cant tune it yourself, and the certified tuners are few and far between. AEM EMS has the best options, but comes at a hefty price tag, though the ability to change maps whenever you want is nice. Hondata, ok performance for the money. the extra wiring is a pain

other than that. Compression is the name of the game for all motor. running 12:1 CR with nitrous isnt dangerous, if youve got it tuned for nitrous. as for the cams, go big or go home

95teg

P.S. i love ur additude..lol "if youve got it tuned for nitrous. as for the cams, go big or go home"- Eviloliv3.
right now im just looking around for the best prices, im totoally not even sure what pistons / rods / cams, anything to go with at this point.. if at most possible i want to stay oem.. but idk if that is possible?

latindc2

Be prepared to spend a shit load of money when going for 220whp all motor....unless u are rich mofo.

Leolo007

Be prepared to spend a shit load of money when going for 220whp all motor....unless u are rich mofo.
So you're saying rich mofo's dont need to spend a shit load of money to get 220hp all motor? lol j/k I got what you meant.

He did write 220hp not whp, so thats not that hard to attain.