2in drop clearence issues stock rims/tire size

.Cortez

94' LS
Hey I'm looking to buy 2in lowering springs, And my pops is thinking im going to have clearence issues lock to lock on the front wheels. Would I have any problems? I don't think i will but I have to be sure.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I've got a 1990 da9 with skunk2 lowering springs and 17 in rims. I've got some of the lowest low profile tires and i still have to go over any little dips in the road at like 20 or my car tires will scrape the under body. Slammin your car may look nice, but it's a pain to drive. I'd go with 1.5 or smaller drop. But thats just my opinion. Good luck and lemme now how it goes

Rich-PMS

2" drop with stock size tires shouldn't be bad at all. That's not that much of a drop at all

Nathan- what struts di you have, and what is the offset to your wheels, along with width. And what size tires are you running?

heykosal

Angkorian
I've got a 1990 da9 with skunk2 lowering springs and 17 in rims. I've got some of the lowest low profile tires and i still have to go over any little dips in the road at like 20 or my car tires will scrape the under body. Slammin your car may look nice, but it's a pain to drive. I'd go with 1.5 or smaller drop. But thats just my opinion. Good luck and lemme now how it goes
Your problem isn't how low you are. Your problem isn't your tires.

Your problem is that you have 17" wheels, that's your problem.

:lol:

.Cortez

94' LS
Okay I bought them anyways haha. 15" tires on my DC4... I'll have an update within a week or two on pictures thanks guys.